Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell Raiser Terror

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Dave, yes I would recommend Elmer's towing. I bought a house off of Elmer ten years ago before he passed away. He was a good man as is his son, Damon.

Yes, I eventually put tape from the right finger hole to the PAP so the rotation would show better. I edited out the many phone calls and thought how hard it would be to see the rotation with such a dark ball. The greasy ball returns turn it black quickly though. I will have to do another video on a less busy week.

Most of the phone calls were from the football games being postponed Friday due to lightning so all my appointments were running late. I'm not on the bowling alley payroll but I even covered for a little bit. The kid working had to leave for a college tournament and his replacement was stuck playing at one of the games so I filled in while the general manager drove in.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Are you shooting on wood lanes? i only know of one house with them where im at.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Blog Entries

yes, those are wood lanes. The first four lanes were from the original bowling alley in the county so they are about 60 years old. The topography is horrible on them. I prefer synthetic but it's already 15 miles to this place. It would be another 35 miles to get synthetic. Much harder to justify that kind of drive just to practice. Plus I have a lot of freedom at my home center. It doesn't have an on-site pro shop and I'm one of two certified coaches in the county. I'm also the only volunteer for the youth leagues. With over 200 local bowlers and so many kids in the youth programs you would think others would at least want to help. I gave a speech the first day aimed mainly at the parents and so far they are abiding by my rules, thankfully. So even though the place is old and slightly worn out, it has it's charm. Plus if I win enough money playing Powerball I will open a new place with the current owner.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 131

bill how do you place tape over a ball again? would like to do that and take a video..
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

In the Bag:
    DV8: Hell Raiser Revenge, Diva
    Columbia300: White Dot Black Berry Polyester
    Brunswick: NeXXus f(P+R)
    Substitute Balls:
    Storm: Sure Fire
    Ebonite: Pursuit
    Retired:
    Lane 1: MaxXx Curve
    Current High Score / Series: 237 / 635
    Style: Power Tweener
    Average Score: 180

Aim for Balls:
    Misfit Pearl
    Marauder
    Brutal Nightmare

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries

Take about a 3-4" piece and place it from the top edge of ring finger hole towards the PAP. Any general area will work, it doesn't have to be exact.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

I bowled a little past 30 games this past week,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    I bowled a little past 30 games this past week,
    And? 30 a week isn't much. I bowl 3 leagues on a regular basis. I coach Saturdays and bowl in between sessions. I have scheduled practice sessions on Wed, Thur and Fri.
    I bowled 3 games Mon, 5 Tues, practice Wed for 15 games, practice Thur for 12 games, practice Fri for 12 games then subbed in a league. Bowled 32 games of practice Sat (including this video) before 3 games of league. I try to avoid bowling on Sundays but usually fail at that. When I say I'm at the bowling alley 30 hours a week (after working) it's not to just say hi and socialize. I go to bowl or coach. I can watch tv at home. It's bigger and has the volume turned on too unlike at the alley lol

That's a good start Sam but did you go for score or have a plan to improve specific areas?
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    And? 30 a week isn't much. I bowl 3 leagues on a regular basis. I coach Saturdays and bowl in between sessions. I have scheduled practice sessions on Wed, Thur and Fri.
    I bowled 3 games Mon, 5 Tues, practice Wed for 15 games, practice Thur for 12 games, practice Fri for 12 games then subbed in a league. Bowled 32 games of practice Sat (including this video) before 3 games of league. I try to avoid bowling on Sundays but usually fail at that. When I say I'm at the bowling alley 30 hours a week (after working) it's not to just say hi and socialize. I go to bowl or coach. I can watch tv at home. It's bigger and has the volume turned on too unlike at the alley lol

That's a good start Sam but did you go for score or have a plan to improve specific areas?
    I think it's starting to affect me, lol
    I'm not used to bowling that much, I've noticed yesterday in league that my ball speed dropped from 15 mph to 12~13. So I'm planning on not going bowling this week until league, my thumb started to blister today when I started working on 3 fingers, I started yesterday, and today had 4 hours of practice. I was with family so it wasn't like I bowled continuously for 4 hours. I really need some coaching because I feel my 3 finger approach isn't right. That's sometime I'll see myself doing haha, I go and say hi sometimes when Jerry or Ismael is working, because the other guy that works at the alley, is an asshole.
    I went for practicing using my thumb, bowled a 140, first game, 120 2nd game, 165 (I had to switch to 2 fingers midway through the game because my thumb started to blister) I been trying to learn how to throw with revs but to no avail yet. Maybe it'll come soon in one of these practices.

Chats: 723

I only bowled 6 games last week 3 in league, 3 in practice. once i get my league set up i hope to start bowling at least 20-30 games a week. I got that itch that bowling and bowling alone can scratch lol
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 131

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Take about a 3-4" piece and place it from the top edge of ring finger hole towards the PAP. Any general area will work, it doesn't have to be exact.
    mind to show a pic? I assume PAP = the track lines that my ball have?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

In the Bag:
    DV8: Hell Raiser Revenge, Diva
    Columbia300: White Dot Black Berry Polyester
    Brunswick: NeXXus f(P+R)
    Substitute Balls:
    Storm: Sure Fire
    Ebonite: Pursuit
    Retired:
    Lane 1: MaxXx Curve
    Current High Score / Series: 237 / 635
    Style: Power Tweener
    Average Score: 180