Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hell Raiser Terror

Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by eugene02 View Post
    mind to show a pic? I assume PAP = the track lines that my ball have?
    Here is a screenshot i took in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicFPNb0YHw

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Hey Bill,
    is it true, since my lanes are dry to medium, does that mean the reason my ball stops hooking(reckless) is because it has no oil to hook on?
    I was averaging a 170 with my dad's ball,
    I'm confused... Just noticed this after watching Earl Anthony's instructional videos. It helped me a lot, and now I think I will be able to hook the ball, I have to fix my approach first.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    Hey Bill,
    is it true, since my lanes are dry to medium, does that mean the reason my ball stops hooking(reckless) is because it has no oil to hook on?
    I was averaging a 170 with my dad's ball,
    I'm confused... Just noticed this after watching Earl Anthony's instructional videos. It helped me a lot, and now I think I will be able to hook the ball, I have to fix my approach first.
    The Reckless is for medium-heavy oil conditions. For the most part, reactive-resin balls prefer to slide through the oil (thickest in the middle) then grab and turn at the end of the pattern. Revs allow the ball to skid further before grabbing. A THS is 32-44' in length with the oil between the 10 boards (some even more narrow than that). That's how and why so many bowlers cover a ton of boards during league. The throw it a an angle through the oil to maximize the skid phase. The longer the skid the longer the ball stores it's energy. So as the lanes dry the ball encounters more friction which uses more of the energy. That will cause a weak pocket hit. Once is gets even drier, it may just not grab at all due to losing too much energy to make the turn.

The solution: screw conventional wisdom. You can only move so deep before you're beyond the ball's capabilities. Plus dry is dry so why force the issue? I move ball side, play straight up the 5 board or will lay down at 10 out to 5 with revs. The straighter line seems to help retain the energy while the revs let the ball go long enough to create a nice entry angle. Or you can go to a weaker ball.

The above was the line I use to play with my plastic ball for the third game of league. I tried it one day with a reactive ball and was pleasantly surprised. It's a great line, takes practice to get use to but worth the time and effort. Basically, I discovered this by messing around just to see what would happen.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Does anyone know how to refinish the Terror to it's new condition. I have a spinner and various pads. However, when I looked at the information at bowlingballs.com they were not too precise. It says "sand to 500", "rough buff", "high gloss polish". The first item I understand but the other two are not precise. Can anyone help? Is there somewhere I might find the answer?

Chats: 23

Sand it with 500 abralon pad

Then apply rough buff

Then polish

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Thanks for the great video! I have this balk along with a nano and almost threw this ball away, but after adjusting my hand angle for more revs this ballad is moving like I thought it would

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123