Thread: Asian pro league?

Chats: 2

Default Asian pro league?

I'm curious - I have been going through a lot of video on YouTube and elsewhere on bowling and have noticed a ton of asian bowlers and bowling. Apparently bowling is very popular in the Asian market and there have been some Asian companies that have started to breakthrough. My general question is if there is a pro Asian bowling league and how it pays out. It would be a neat idea to think that some of our past pro bowlers who have not made the new PBa could possibly turn to this as a alternative like say hockey players and other sports? Just curious about it - what other countries are big into bowling?
    Right Handed Backup Bowler 180 average - In the bag: Hammer Purple Taboo - Marauder Madness- Storm Vivid - In the locker: Hammer Black Widow Sting. Massachusetts Demolition I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In Korea, there is the SBS pro league. Don't know anything about it, but when I search bowling on my Verizon FIOS, it comes up. It's on a special package for Korean programing, so I don't get the channel. I believe the popularity of bowling is growing in Asian markets. I think they really dig the two handed thing.

Chats: 36

Bowling does seem big there. There is a Japanese women's show called P-League and you will find excellent bowlers there.

J.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

p-league!
    love watching that.
    higashi1343 uploads the matches every weds, when there is a tournament.

there's also jpba, and lbo. in japan