Thread: Did some practice to-day!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Did some practice to-day!

Well went and did some real practice today 8 games.

First game was just a warm up to get loose and get a feel for the lanes. Typical open bowling conditions, oil pushed everywhere but some backend.

Games 2-3 worked on playing the twig at the start and by the end of game 2 was at the first arrow. Used the WD and the Pyro, stayed in the pocket and no gutter balls. Just got to work on getting better carry.

The trick on playing next to the gutter is to have your hand follow the boards down the lane, so you don't project to the right. Plus just let the ball do the work!

Games 4-5 worked the track area around 2 arrow, with just normal shooting. Worked on just being consistent. Used my Dagger and the Nomad some. Plus shooting 7's and 10's if I left them or not.

Games 6-7 was working on playing inside close to 4th arrow and normal spare making. 4th arrow will need some more work I think!!

Game 8 was a cool down, but shot a 232 to finish the day.

Went with the mind set not to worry about score, just work on my practice plan. So wasn't a bad day of practice.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Me too. First game was shooting the 10 pin with my white dot, and then trying to shoot over the first arrow with my Black Widow. Second was alternating balls, still targeting the first arrow. Makes for an interesting game after you get a strike and have to throw plastic for the first ball the next frame. Third and fourth games were getting ready for Monday, starting on the 43' Shark pattern. My friend Tim suggested lining the 5th arrow up with the 3 pin to simulate the reaction I'm likely to get Monday. I couldn't figure out how to do that. Since I drift right with my feet, I would have had to start on top of the ball return. I practiced most of these two games playing over the fourth arrow. All I really wanted to do was get some practice on playing deeper inside. Had zero strikes the last two games, but I was doing much better on my spares than I have of late. Now if I had just gotten some practice in left-handed life would be very good.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Our youth league has some of the high school players as captains. I have been bugging them to learn to play different lines. They all know I spend all Saturday there and at the end asked me to show them. Lanes obviously had three games on them. I spent three more games with a different ball each game, Nexxus, Terror and Natural. Started at the twig and worked my way to laying down at the 40. Adjusting hand, speed and revs. Luckily I shot great. Not that I care about score during practice but great scores do make it easier to get the kids to listen. I didn't miss a spare all day. After those three games I went to the store came back and shot seven more practice games then rested an hour before league. 13 games, light day.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com