Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed coaching flyer

Question for you Bill. Can you coach thumbless, or two handed bowlers? If you can, do you coach without bias? Just curious because I don't know of a lot of coaches who can coach those styles, or play it down the middle. As much as some people hate it, those styles (especially two handed) aren't going away. I know of three or four kids that want to learn to bowl, and they all want to bowl two handed. I think anyone coaching these days should learn more about those styles, and teach it without bias. If you can, maybe include that in your flyer, let the kids know you support them no matter what, and can help them.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I do. Two of the boys on the high school team bowl 2-handed and come to me. My brother-in-law bowls thumbless and I coach him. I did teach him to bowl with thumb also just to give him another way to bowl when his wrist hurts. I became a coach to help the kids and did so knowing the new styles would be what they want to learn. The info on these styles is limited but also growing. Jason Belmonte has been working with USBC to develop a two-handed coaching program. I want more bowlers and don't care how the delivery it as long as they have fun.

Thank you, by the way, I will include that in the revised flyer.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Good for you, it's good to see someone letting bowlers be bowlers no matter what style they use. I've been two finger bowling for a few years, and I want to learn two handed as well. I can also use my thumb, and I'm pretty good at that, but I just like thumbless better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12