Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposed coaching flyer

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Default Proposed coaching flyer

Take a look and give any opinions and suggestions please.
    Last edited by billf; 11-22-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: removed pic so stalker couldn't get phone number
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 23

flyer looks good bill! my only suggestion is you should edit the picture and blur out your phone number. someone from the internet might bother you.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

How about this bill

billflyer.JPG

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries

I like that one Bowl. Angelo, I'm not worried about anybody on here calling me.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 2

Both look good. Maybe add a bowling picture and a touch of color in the back ground?
    Bowling - it's easy when you understand all the physics beneath the surface.
    High game - 300
    High league game - 290 x3
    High series - 802

Blog Entries

The flyers are going to be printed on papers of different colors. I thought of a picture but want it to fit on one sheet of paper. That way the kids or parents won't lose half of it. We are having trouble filling the bumper league and the after school club so I'm hoping free lessons will encourage some who would like to bowl to try.

I haven't talked to the alley owner about this yet as he went away for the weekend but I'm hoping where I'm giving my time to the kids he will give some lane time. He has more to gain from this than I do.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I think Bowl's version is a bit more eye-catching. I think I'd walk by your original without noticing it.

My only criticism is the free coaching. I know this is the pot calling the kettle black, since all the coaching that I do is as a volunteer. You have taken the next step. You have spent hundreds of dollars and many hours of your time getting the bronze certification. You have set up your paid coaching as a business. You are a professional coach. Do not devalue your services by just giving them away. I do realize that to get started you have to promote yourself. From what you have written in other posts your rates seem reasonable for your area. If you have to give something away, tie it to a purchase. Like one free lesson when you pay for two. Or try to cut a deal with the bowling center for your students to get a couple free practice games.
    One of the first things that my friend Dave learned when he went into business for himself was not to give free estimates. He was spending hours looking at jobs and writing free estimates and then not getting most of the jobs. He found out that these people were using his estimates to get FHA loans and then doing the work themselves and putting the money that would have been Dave's labor and profit toward buying something that they would not have qualified for a loan on, or they would have had to pay much higher interest on. After he started charging for estimates, a charge that went toward the project if he was given the job, he started closing a higher percentage sales and was still compensated for most of his time on the losing bids.
    John

Blog Entries

John, I completely understand where you are coming from. I want to get the kids hooked and hopefully they will be paying customers years down the road. As for the adults, most centers have an on-site pro shop and get a free lesson with a ball purchase. We don't have a pro shop and only two certified coaches in the county. I want more bowlers, plain and simple. How can we get new bowlers, kids or adult, if there isn't anyone willing to help them learn the basics? I really want the newer bowlers. Once they come, get a lesson (or 3), see some improvement, I will have their trust. Then when they get tired of wherever they plateaued at, hopefully they will pay. The younger kids (under 12), I figure the lesson won't last over 30 minutes. That's why I included more lessons. Their attention spans just won't absorb more than that. As a volunteer I'm sure you share my frustration of trying to help 60 kids WHILE they are bowling a league. Our place is real small so it's hard to find a spot to show them stuff. I will think about what I could attach to a charge though.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Frustration is a good word for it, even though if all the coaches show up we've got 1 coach for every 8 to 12 kids. By the time the younger kids get to the third game they're tired and have no attention span left. Some of the other coaches run a clinic from when the youth league finishes til noon. They run a second clinic Wednesday afternoon that is free to the kids in the league.
    John

Blog Entries

8-12 kids? That would be one coach for each pair of lanes. I could only dream of such help. Trying to watch all the kids across twelve lanes is a project. Add the kids not bowling, parents, grandparents, etc all coming up to ask questions or tell me to watch their kid and I'm missing more than I like. I thought of doing clinics but am wary that they would have too varied of an ability level to really benefit them all.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast