Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone into custom cars, Street/Hot Rods, any type of custom vehicle..?

Chats: 1

Default Is anyone into custom cars, Street/Hot Rods, any type of custom vehicle..?

Something that's been a part of my life since I was 15-16, is customs.. I've built a couple rides, helped on a bunch of friends cars.. I just love cutting, welding, grinding. I have a few pictures around here somewhere of my first custom, it was a 94 S-10 minitruck, if i can find a pic, I'll post.

In 2005 I went to Wyotech and studied their Street Rod courses, and since have developed a huge love of classics, and plan on starting a project soon that my son and I can work on together.. Not sure what were gonna get, but it's gonna be old. Maybe a 69 Lincoln or something, something that we can fit in our budget.. Ahh.. Rear suicide doors..

Anyone else have a love for customs?

-Chris

Here we go..

These are the best pics I have of it on photobucket, unfortunately none of it completed..

This was my first truck, I know minitrucks are a little new school, but I had it since I was 18, did all the work to it myself. I lowered it, put hydraulics on it, body-dropped it (or channeled it) shaved everything off the body, suicided the doors, tubbed the firewall, built a custom 4 linked backhalf(frame), welded shut and smoothed out the tailgate, and eventually primed the whole thing one color before I got rid of it.
    Last edited by hehateme; 10-09-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: A couple more pics

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I used to work ( as a carpenter ) for Tommy 'The Swede' Jansson before he went into customizing bikes full time. I appreciate the hard work, craftsmanship, and creativity that goes into custom bikes and street rods. However I grew up next door to an uncle who collected antique cars, and later worked for a friend of his who was also in the old car hobby, so my own preference is for the unmodified cars. My wife and I love the cuteness of the early cars and the elegance and beauty of the cars from the 1930s.
    John

Chats: 891

i build drag cars now and always have since i was really little because of my dad always spent my time around the cars and love fixing them i dont drag racing them anymore because last time i drag raced i crashed into the wall but i have built most cars but the ones i mostly build are camero's, gto's,firebird's and a few others all i do is go to the records and find one and buy it off them for $300-$400 and spend around $4000-6000 on it and then sell them for around $8000.

only way to get stuff cheaper then normal you gotta know the right people to get the right stuff off of like a paint job a nice one would normal cost from $1000-1500 i can get one for $300
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

That's awesome, I've always had a thing for drag racing, though haven't ever had a drag car. I've always wanted to build one, it's just the motorwork that would kill me price-wise, because I'd have to have someone else do it, or help me do it. The suspension is a no-brainer for me, but building motors (high performance anyways) is a weakpoint for me.

I'm really into custom body & paintwork, that was one thing I kind of excelled at in school.. I'll have to post a picture of a small rollpan (business card holder sized) that I made and metal finished in school. I also fabricated a mailbox from scratch from just a few pieces of sheetmetal. Love metal fab, I need to get into a job doing it, my life would get happier if I could.

Chats: 23

this is mine

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme View Post
    That's awesome, I've always had a thing for drag racing, though haven't ever had a drag car. I've always wanted to build one, it's just the motorwork that would kill me price-wise, because I'd have to have someone else do it, or help me do it. The suspension is a no-brainer for me, but building motors (high performance anyways) is a weakpoint for me.

I'm really into custom body & paintwork, that was one thing I kind of excelled at in school.. I'll have to post a picture of a small rollpan (business card holder sized) that I made and metal finished in school. I also fabricated a mailbox from scratch from just a few pieces of sheetmetal. Love metal fab, I need to get into a job doing it, my life would get happier if I could.
    yeah when i was building my first car i thought the motor would of been hard but then talked to some people and they told me of a site back awhile ago before all these sites are up know that you can just look on google for but it was a site that told you how to build it and witch steps and i took my time at it but only problem about building a motor from scratch is waiting for parts to come in you could have parts that you need at the end like the heads come in first before anything else and it gets boring waiting 1 motor took me 5-6 months to build from waiting but it was all on abckorder cause at that time everyone was ordering stuff to build there cars.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloPD View Post
    this is mine

Very clean, I like it!

I work in a Honda dealership, and you should see some of the crap that rolls through here.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Wow some nice looking car there.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

My avatar is a picture of my 72' Buick Skylark I rebuilt with my son.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast