Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy on the Lanes

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default New Guy on the Lanes

Hello!

New to the site and just checking-in. Relatively new to ten-pin bowling having started four years ago. I bowled duck pins decades ago. Love the sport and bowl whenever I can. I put a lot of effort into the game--lessons, practice, books, videos, etc.--and I'm always on the lookout for some new insight and improvement. Looking forward to participating.

Viper

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Hello!

New to the site and just checking-in. Relatively new to ten-pin bowling having started four years ago. I bowled duck pins decades ago. Love the sport and bowl whenever I can. I put a lot of effort into the game--lessons, practice, books, videos, etc.--and I'm always on the lookout for some new insight and improvement. Looking forward to participating.

Viper
    Welcome!

You have duckpins in Virginia? Or are you a transplanted Yankee?
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading your posts.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 23

Welcome to bowlingboards! i remember playing duckpins when i was about 8 years old.

Chats: 11

Welcome to bowlingboards... I seen videos of duck pin and if I am ever near a place that has it I want to try it lol..
    Style: Stroker
    In the bag: C300 Wicked Encounter, C300 Freeze, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Hammer Cobalt Vibe, and Brunswick T Zone

PAP 4.25 over x .25 up

High Series: 716
    High Game: 273

Duckpin and Candlepin look like a lot of fun but not a sport that I would be able to seriously get into. If I ever have the opportunity, I will try duckpin or candlepin.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Welcome to the forum.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

Welcome to the forum!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Thanks for the welcome. Re the duckpins, last house closed in Richmond over a year ago. In the DC area, when much younger, duckpins was all that you could bowl that I remember. Never experienced candle pins (although I'd love to try it). Not sure why duckpins wouldn't be considered a sport--no one yet has bowled a perfect game in duckpins--but it certainly has died out in many locations. Regardless, it's all about the ten-pin game now!

Chats: 1

We bowled duck and candlepin bowling when we visited New England on vaction once. It is a much more subtle discipline. I wonder why it is not popular South of New England. It is ideal for kid's parties. The ball weighs considerably less and is about the size of a softball. When I think of it, there is no reason a little kid should have to try throwing a ball that weighs amost as much as he weighs. It makes good sense, but may not translate into dollars for a local lane. Although, many lanes do quite a few bowling parties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast