Thread: Who would you say is the best or one of the best drillers in Cali?

Banned
    Chats: 100

Default Who would you say is the best or one of the best drillers in Cali?

If I were to want an absolute perfect drilling, who is the man or woman to seek out in say between Los Angeles and San Francisco?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

We should have some people from Cali. to help Ball99999

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Looks as if nobody in California is real happy with their driller.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Banned
    Chats: 100

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Looks as if nobody in California is real happy with their driller.
    haha maybe they're all paranoid and are wondering if there's someone better..

I know there are ISBC(sp?) people in Cali, some in Santa Cruz.. any experiences who those?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 8

Depends on where you are located. Up here on the Peninsula near San Francisco, there are a couple places I have had balls drilled that have done a good job. One is R&J located on Mission Street in Daly City and the other is Ohana Pro Shop located at Classic Bowl. Both of them take the time to check your span and will drill it how you want it. If you tell them the measurements to use they will drill it that way but at the same time will make some suggestions based on what you tell them about your bowling style and technique. Ohana will let you bowl a free game after the ball is drilled and will even take the time to give you some pointers on what to do to get a different reaction out of the ball. This is where I learned that putting my hand more on the side of the ball will affect the curve that the ball has.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSheibs View Post
    Depends on where you are located. Up here on the Peninsula near San Francisco, there are a couple places I have had balls drilled that have done a good job. One is R&J located on Mission Street in Daly City and the other is Ohana Pro Shop located at Classic Bowl. Both of them take the time to check your span and will drill it how you want it. If you tell them the measurements to use they will drill it that way but at the same time will make some suggestions based on what you tell them about your bowling style and technique. Ohana will let you bowl a free game after the ball is drilled and will even take the time to give you some pointers on what to do to get a different reaction out of the ball. This is where I learned that putting my hand more on the side of the ball will affect the curve that the ball has.
    So for R&J, right now it is fine. The guy that is running the shop is only filling in for the regular owner. If you go to him (starts with a P), then you'd be in great shape. Otherwise, stay clear of the regular used car salesman than normally runs the shop. I wouldn't actually worry about that part right now anyway.

As for Ohana, I don't know much about the guy. He seems pretty young, and I've always preferred on older person, but that is a personal preference. The hours are not all that great. Tuesday night, all the lanes are filled with league bowlers and the shop is closed before the start of bowling. I think he charged me like $6 to change my finger inserts. That's the only time I bought anything there.

If you can put up with the bad parking, look up All American Bowl in San Francisco. I also like Dean in Albany Bowl. Sea Bowl is another good place. Other than that, I've heard the guy down in San Jose or San Jose Bowl is very good.

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Rusty & Carl at The Pro zone in Mission Hills California are pretty good! I have all my balls from them.

The Pro Zone
    10430 Sepulveda Blvd
    Mission Hills,Ca 91345

phone#818-361-1221 or 818-365-2050
    Shop is in Mission Hills Bowl

Zothen

Chats: 0

Pro shop inside Fountain Bowl. Owner is Hall of Fame Barry Asher. Located in Fountain Valley. I know a couple of pros in the area will only allow him to drill their balls. He has been doing mine now since they gave me the tip. I don't bowl there really but Barry is to go to guy just south of LA.