Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sticking with 2 fingers

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSinister View Post
    Unfortunatly most of the videos of Tom Daugherty are that infamous 100 he bowled at the TOC last year. It sucks cause he may be the best 2 finger bowler out there, and has only had one TV apperance, and it was dismal. No one remembers that he averages 217 that week over 71 games, just that he had the lowest score on a TV broadcast. Look up Jim Pratt as well, he also bowl two finger and also qualified for the TOC this year.
    Yeah I watched that video, I was a bit surprised, but then I remembered it isn't just any regular shot. It's not as easy as everyone thinks. I couldn't really find anything other video than that, and his 300 video. His 300 video doesn't really show a good angle, but you can tell he throws with 2 fingers. Jim Pratt, I couldn't find a video of him bowling, it was an extra frame video but he was being blocked by Miia Kila something

Heres a good Jim Pratt slomo video

Well Daughtery (sp?) just gave a big boost to the no-thumb crowd. Awesome to watch.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

yeah he won the tournament!
    But, Daughtery isn't my idol for 2 finger bowling, Mike Miller is..
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    18 Years Old
    Average : 170
    In bag:-DV8 Reckless, Jet Altitude
    At Home-Hammer Blue Hammer Bowling Ball , Pyramid Path Bowling Ball
    High game-278 1 strike off from a 300
    High series-624 - Shot at tournament 2/22/14

Bowling Style : 2 Fingers
    Favorite Bowler : Mike Miller

It was a great win for all 2 finger bowlers!!

I'm still trying to figure out how he held onto that ball in the one game where he stopped at the line.

it seriously looks like he is just palming the ball impressive hand strength
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

I agree that was impressive. I know with my spare ball I can pick it up just by the finger tips. I dont know if I could stop mid thow like that though.

He is so far underneath the ball he just basically kept swinging without flexing the wrist and kept it cradled.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Chats: 25

Ya gotta stick with what works for you. I've tried two finger as well as two finger/two handed bowling and for me it was just not a good mix. But as I said before if it works for you, then go for it. Nothing in the rule book says you have to use your thumb for anything more than flashing a thumbs up to the crowd after you've bowled yet another strike!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I can pick up a 15# ball with 2 fingers out of the rack, but I know I can't do that. If I tried, that ball would have ended up in the crowd. The fact he was able to do that showed just how strong he is, and how solid his grip is. It is something that most 2 finger bowlers don't have, a secure grip. Even the ones who think they do, I would be willing to bet they don't have nearly the grip they think they do . I know that there is a big difference with my glove on, and off, and there is a big difference with a 14# and 15# ball. That's why I have my first 14# strike ball on they way, because I am trying to take my thumbless game to the next level, and I don't have enough of a grip on my 15's to do what I need to.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast