Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Towels - How Often to Clean Them?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default I almost forgot!!

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    That's very nice of you.
    You must have a very well seasoned rolling pin that it doesn't suck that oil up and keep it for itself.
    I forgot,,dAAAA(... spray the rolling pin with PAM!!! Its a non-stick solution!!

(it repels the oil) Next to my Wife,,, Pam is my next most important thing in my life, next to bowling!)
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 05-17-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I forgot,,dAAAA(... spray the rolling pin with PAM!!! Its a non-stick solution!!
    Well, there you go. Very "Green" of you.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 256

Wanna send some of that oil my way. Summers our center seems to always run short for some reason. LOL.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I have found that a common rolling pin, "wooden", works great! Lay the mic towel on a piece of marble, then starting at the TOP, apply pressure and role it down the towel to the bottom. You will notice a large amount of oil upon preforming this task! ( the key here is KEEPING pressure on the rolling Pin ),, I put the excess oil in a "bowling lane oil tin can", and take it back to the house, give it to the mechanic to be recycled! Just my part in trying to save the planet!!
    the kind of rolling pin you use to make cracker crumbs with out of crackers and flatten dough with that you use in making pasta and lasagna and and pizza and all that good food?
    [*]Name: Sara M. Frey/Proud Member Of http://www.BowlingBoards.com
    [*]Average:139/Ball Weight 13 lbs/Bowling Style: Tweener
    Mot[*]Bowling Balls:iv Motiv Octane/MotivTribal/ Ebonite Cyclone/ Brunswick Anaconda/ Columbia300 WhiteDot/Ebonite Maxim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGirl1980 View Post
    the kind of rolling pin you use to make cracker crumbs with out of crackers and flatten dough with that you use in making pasta and lasagna and and pizza and all that good food?
    Exactly....

Blog Entries

Default Oil for your cheap bowling lanes!!

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Wanna send some of that oil my way. Summers our center seems to always run short for some reason. LOL.
    Just send me a Drum, 80 gal, (why mess with the small stuff), with prepaid postage, and I will, (after collecting enough oil from my rags), send it your way!!

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I wash mine once a month. A little tip go to Walmart and but a pack or 2 of towels in the automotive section. 2 towels are like $2-$3. I use them clean them and then just replace them every 3 or 4 months. Hell for how cheap they are use them for a month and then toss them out.

Usually around 6-10 games. Terry cloth, no softener.

Blog Entries

Costco and Sam's have great deals on large bundles,,, something like 12.00 bucks for a couple dozen,,, cheaper then Walmart! I could be wrong on the amount and price,, but I remember thinking at the time, what a good deal it was compared to other places. I will take a look today and get back!

Chats: 1

I wash mine about once every 2 months never had a prob. I keep one in my bag to wipe oil off after every shot and one at home to clean with using the power house ball cleaner both are the Dv8 ones that came in the boxes when I ordered from Bowlingball.com they did not take Em out like the pro shops do .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast