Thread: A personal best for me....

Chats: 25

Default A personal best for me....

No not the score, that was a rather disappointing 158 - I know I can do better than that. However I'm posting to report that my nemesis (because I'm a lefty), the nasty, stubborn, wiggles and laughs at me in a mocking manner 7 pin fell in sheer defeat every time it dared stand up to my strike ball today. I only guttered once when aiming for that little bugger, and even then the ball hopped back out of the gutter at the last second and took it out. HA! Take that, 7 pin!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

ha ha...congrats on teaching that 7 pin a lesson
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

I think i leave as much single 7-pins as tens when it happens..Hmmm, never wrote down statistics on that..(on the 'to do' list now)
    But i do know that i do not like to throw at the 7-pin.. Still i'm not comfortable with that one. That's why i always practice at 7s and 10s. But it is also a combination of knowing that i can hit it, and knowing how important it is to knock down these, that i fail..have to learn to cope with that feeling untill i trust my own capabilities..Good for you that you build your confidence today.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by dutchlefty View Post
    I think i leave as much single 7-pins as tens when it happens..Hmmm, never wrote down statistics on that..(on the 'to do' list now)
    But i do know that i do not like to throw at the 7-pin.. Still i'm not comfortable with that one. That's why i always practice at 7s and 10s. But it is also a combination of knowing that i can hit it, and knowing how important it is to knock down these, that i fail..have to learn to cope with that feeling untill i trust my own capabilities..Good for you that you build your confidence today.
    On corner pins I've been known to say to myself "Don't Think!"
    John

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla View Post
    and even then the ball hopped back out of the gutter at the last second and took it out. HA! Take that, 7 pin!
    Ha, i see this far to often, i was in a tournament last year and i swear we had to stop 10 or so times so the score could be corrected when the ball bounced out of the gutter and took out a 7 or 10 pin
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 8

Where do you stand and aim when going for the 7 and 10 pins?

Chats: 25

Quote Originally Posted by TheSheibs View Post
    Where do you stand and aim when going for the 7 and 10 pins?
    For me (being a lefty) I stand as far right as I can and throw straight at it when I shoot the 7, for tens I stand at the leftmost dot on the floor and hook it to the 10. For a right hander I assume the opposite would true.

Heh, few months ago...10 pins were my problem. Left I believe 27, picked up 26. No adjustment would take em out. Frustration was taken over with laughter as it became actually comical!