Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it! I was able to bring back my High School Bowling Team!

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Default I did it! I was able to bring back my High School Bowling Team!

I hope this would also look good in my college application, bringing back a sport to my high school, it has been gone for many years.
    I am also excited to start bowling against other schools,
    well I'm the one who's going to scout for bowlers, and have tryouts. How much people should a regular bowling team (high school) have? If you can give me a boy/girl count that would be amazing. Our high school also got a grant from USBC, and I would like to thank Ryan, for showing me the Grant and without his help, I would of never been able to present this to my athletic director.
    I know this sounds like a rant, but I'm excited!
    Have a great day bowling boards and good bowling!

Can you help me out with the same thing? I really want to start a team, and they are building a bowling ally not even .5 miles away, its right across the road. any help is appreciated!

Ringer
    Chats: 24

Way to go. I wish we had a bowling team when I was in high school.

I know a few of the local high school bowlers from them hanging around the lanes, I'll ask them how many people they have on the team (tomorrow) and post what they tell me.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    I hope this would also look good in my college application, bringing back a sport to my high school, it has been gone for many years.
    I am also excited to start bowling against other schools,
    well I'm the one who's going to scout for bowlers, and have tryouts. How much people should a regular bowling team (high school) have? If you can give me a boy/girl count that would be amazing. Our high school also got a grant from USBC, and I would like to thank Ryan, for showing me the Grant and without his help, I would of never been able to present this to my athletic director.
    I know this sounds like a rant, but I'm excited!
    Have a great day bowling boards and good bowling!
    I think the number of team members that you need depends in part on the size of the teams you will be bowling against. Assuming that you will be bowling five man teams in competition you need at least 5 and probably 6 team members. An even number would let you split the team for some friendly competition in practice.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The 'A' team travels to all events. 6 males and 6 females. The 'B' team doesn't usually travel but can they just won't bowl in the competition. You can have as many people on the 'B' team as you wish.
    Another good source for some of this info would be the bowling coach at a school with a program in place. We all want bowling to grow so I'm sure they will assist you in any way they can.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ILike2Bowl View Post
    Can you help me out with the same thing? I really want to start a team, and they are building a bowling ally not even .5 miles away, its right across the road. any help is appreciated!
    The first step I did was talk to my athletic director, and he told me to get a petition, of around 50 people to sign to bring back bowling. Then he talked to local schools, and see if they wanted to participate. I searched for grants or anything I can find to help. But as long as you show your determined and dedicated your idea will go a long way.

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    The 'A' team travels to all events. 6 males and 6 females. The 'B' team doesn't usually travel but can they just won't bowl in the competition. You can have as many people on the 'B' team as you wish.
    Another good source for some of this info would be the bowling coach at a school with a program in place. We all want bowling to grow so I'm sure they will assist you in any way they can.
    Thinking about getting 6 for each, I would get more, but we're going to be on a budget. :x
    I'll try finding out what high schools have bowling teams in California,

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davec13 View Post
    Way to go. I wish we had a bowling team when I was in high school.

I know a few of the local high school bowlers from them hanging around the lanes, I'll ask them how many people they have on the team (tomorrow) and post what they tell me.
    alright thanks Dave that'll be much appreciated,

Ringer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I think the number of team members that you need depends in part on the size of the teams you will be bowling against. Assuming that you will be bowling five man teams in competition you need at least 5 and probably 6 team members. An even number would let you split the team for some friendly competition in practice.
    That's true, thanks J, As far of finding a coach, I'm blank there. I can't coach because heck I need coaching myself. haha

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by martinezsam2495 View Post
    That's true, thanks J, As far of finding a coach, I'm blank there. I can't coach because heck I need coaching myself. haha
    I'd volunteer but the commute would be a bit too long.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast