Thread: First night of league

Default First night of league

Started last night at my local center on the mixed leauge. I was a little nervous not being on a leauge since I was a youth but it turned out really fun. We were late starting into the season so we set our average last night. I was having trouble finding my line a bit but did ok despite my nerves, shot 180 174 169. Last game started out good but the lanes were really drying out and I left a few opens. It feels good to be back bowling with nice people and really enjoying the sport again.

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I find that taking a deep breath in/out while lining up my shot and a deep breath in as I push the ball out and then exhale as I release the ball. I am more relaxed when I bowl.

Good luck & good scoring!

Zothen

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Glad to hear you had a good time. Very respectable scores. Congrats!
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

It's always fun, and exciting to start a new league. Good luck, and most important, have fun!

Thanks for the help guys. This is the alley I first bowled at when I was 4 and pretty much grew up there. It is a small 12 lane center and doesn't even have any video games or anything in it...strictly a bowling center which is all I care about. The woman that runs the front counter has been there since I was there at 4 bowling with my mom. It brings back memories and kinds feels like home to me lol . Cant wait for next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by floridanative772 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. This is the alley I first bowled at when I was 4 and pretty much grew up there. It is a small 12 lane center and doesn't even have any video games or anything in it...strictly a bowling center which is all I care about. The woman that runs the front counter has been there since I was there at 4 bowling with my mom. It brings back memories and kinds feels like home to me lol . Cant wait for next Friday.
    Nice, the bowling alley in the town I grew up in is still being run by the same husband and wife. I went there a year ago when I was in town. Heck, even the guy who runs the pin setters is the same guy.

Chats: 23

Great scores! glad you had fun!

Ringer
    Chats: 24

Nostalgia is always a great thing. I try and go back to the lanes I grew up at once a year or so. The one thing I miss is they got rid of the star wars and tron arcade game. The 20ft shuffle board table is still there though.

Chats: 723

Great scores, glad to hear you had a great time, its always nice to have great people to bowl with, makes everything a lot more enjoyable.
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING