Thread: what would you buy.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default what would you buy.

So again I did the ABT’s this last weekend. Pattern was said to be like nationals 41ft flat. Currently I have Storm Rapid Fire, and a Columbia 300 Momentum. Momentum drilled pattern 1, the Rapid FIre close to pattern 1 the pin is slightly above and to the right of the middle finger.

This equipment just can’t work on these long and flat oil patterns. I basically stood at 30 on the approach and rolled as accuratlely as I could for 15. The shot of safe and didn’t leave me to bad of a spare to shoot. However, the ball just wasn’t driving through the pocket enough. I could only manage 170’s all 3 games. That’s 15 pins lower on my current league averages.

So back to the question. Which ball would you buy for this? I really like storm right now. They won me over with the Rapid Fire it’s my best ball in league. I’m looking at the Hy-Road and Dimension. Any recommendations are fine. Such as, Hammer, Roto Grip, so on and so on. I would just like a ball that can get off it’s *** and work for me.

I bowl with a guy on 1 of my leagues he recommends Hammer Psycho. I also know a guy who loves Roto Grip and says to get the Cell Pearl.

I'm just researching right now. With Christmas coming up not gonna on myself till afterwards.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

If it truly is heavy oil I would be partial to the Cell rather than the Cell Pearl. The Pearl might got too long before it began its turn. Have you considered going a little straighter through the heads?

The U.S. Open Pattern features the toughest lane oil design in all of bowling. The U.S. Open condition is a 40 ft. "flat" oil pattern with equal oil being placed on each board, gutter to gutter. Premium shotmaking and precision accuracy are required to conquer this difficult condition .

Alot of it depends on the bowlers style and preference. I myslef use weaker balls with a stronger layout which make the ball get through the heads clean and still have enough of a backend movement to get the ball to the pocket. Some people like to use their rwgular strong equipment , but tith the agressive covers on this condition, the balls may get down the lane but will have a dead left type movement. If you have to go through 4 balls on a flat oil pattern you are in trouble the rest of the day because you are not comfortable with the equipment you are using and are fishing for that line. Try using different hand positions also.
    Hammer Team Member /
    Hammer Message Board Moderator
    NOTHING HITS LIKE A HAMMER

PBA Eastern region Senior Touring Player