Thread: Question for this Board

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default Question for this Board

This is a personal question I have and wanted to see the responces.

1) What do you think about a "staff member" using a new ball that is not yet open to the plublic to buy yet ?

2) Weather its in League or a tournament?

3) Remember theses balls are already certifed before the release date so its a leagle ball to be throwing

***Reson for the question is because I had a guy go off on me because I had a ball that he couldnt buy yet and i was using it in a tournament***
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I say the person was jealous or got beat and so he was trying to cause an issue. I say that if everything is legit, then no worries. Now using equipment that is not legal is of course wrong. Since that is not the issue, then why the fuss?

I will say that if the new camaro was given to me to try before the public could buy it, I would drive down every street I could.
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    I say the person was jealous or got beat and so he was trying to cause an issue. I say that if everything is legit, then no worries. Now using equipment that is not legal is of course wrong. Since that is not the issue, then why the fuss?

I will say that if the new camaro was given to me to try before the public could buy it, I would drive down every street I could.
    Would you atleast let me drive it around the block or 2 ?
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member

Bowler

Chats: 3

Brian as long as the ball is USBC certified there is no problem. As we both know the testing process is quite extensive. It is a pre production beta test ball. I'm sure you have to rate the performance of this ball and report back to the manufacturer. Your comments as well as other testers should determine if this ball actually makes it to production. The only real world test is to use it in competition where the conditions are the toughest.

There will be good balls and I'm sure there will be some "duds". You happened to have one of the good ones in competition that day. It sounds like "sour grapes" to me.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    Brian as long as the ball is USBC certified there is no problem. As we both know the testing process is quite extensive. It is a pre production beta test ball. I'm sure you have to rate the performance of this ball and report back to the manufacturer.

It sounds like "sour grapes" to me.
    I'm also thinking that he is sore that he doesn't have the newest toy in town to play with.

If I had the arduous and boring task of beta testing a new ball (I wish, I only wish) and someone complains just be diplomatic and say it's my job to field test a USBC Approved ball. Also tell him/her that you will gladly that a pre-order when the ball will be sold to the public.

Or just tell them what PSBA 10 said "that's sour grapes" and blow a raspberry.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

thanks guys and yew we have to report to the ball company and you will see mose review on ballreviews.com and sites like that
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member

Chats: 19

hahahaha. Some people take themselves too seriously. I vow to quit bowling if I ever become so serious, as to rip into someone for using a legal ball. geech....
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

I agree with the others. It sure sounds like he is jealous because someone beat him to having the newest ball in town. I hear somethings myself when I recieve my equipment and use it before the release date. Nut I look at it this way. I use the situation as a chance to promote the ball and the company.
    Hammer Team Member /
    Hammer Message Board Moderator
    NOTHING HITS LIKE A HAMMER

PBA Eastern region Senior Touring Player