Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ball soon looking for advice

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Thanks for the advice, definitely see your point now Bill. My hook and carry are lacking. If I miss my mark (mainly to the outside) now or don't throw the right amount of revs I watch the ball actually quit going to the pocket. It is kind of weird to see. On the other hand I know I throw it hard enough to create pin action. I think the pin action i create from the speed actually has given me many lucky strikes. I know my current balls are basically too entry performance and old to do what I want and it is time to move up to a "big boy" ball.

Anyone else that wants to chime in I will gladly listen to ideas.

Ringer

Bill what do you think of the Misfit for me? I see it is more angular and less back end, but at the price point where I might be able to get 2 balls instead of just one. Or do you think I got Maruader and call it a day? I honestly hate having so many choices!

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Bill what do you think of the Misfit for me? I see it is more angular and less back end, but at the price point where I might be able to get 2 balls instead of just one. Or do you think I got Maruader and call it a day? I honestly hate having so many choices!
    Sorry, Bill can't come to the phone right now...

I would say stick with the Marauder, the misfit might be a little to weak for you, and remember its quality not quantity that matters
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 25

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Wait and see who wins this week's ball, if it's you then you'll be all set! The Marauder Madness would be a great fit for you I think, it's basically the same ball I have on the inside with just a different coverstock on the outside. It should work great for you.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla View Post
    Wait and see who wins this week's ball, if it's you then you'll be all set! The Marauder Madness would be a great fit for you I think, it's basically the same ball I have on the inside with just a different coverstock on the outside. It should work great for you.
    I saw that, and I am a few weeks away from making a final decision. I watched a few videos of the misfit and alot of the guys look to be throwing it basically how i would throw it. In the end anything I buy is going to have a batter hook rating than what I use now. Using Bowlingball.com's perfect scale the scout and crash both are rated at 89, pretty freaking low!

Ringer

So good news and bad news.......
    Talking to the wife telling her I want to get a new ball. And she says "Don't buy one.... pause...... I am getting you one for your birthday". Yeah the pause made me a bit sad and then I was instantly happy with the birthday idea. Then went to thinking, damnit now I have to wait until January.

So bad news I have to wait a bit, good news is I think I don't have to worry about price as much. I do have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 at the moment. These being the Rotogrip Shatter, the DV8 Marauder and the DV8 Misfit. Although I know you guys are saying the misfit is less aggressive than the marauder and just to get the marauder and tweak my lines a bit. But I think I am close to deciding. Keep the ideas coming I always like to hear input.

i'd go with the marauder if i were you

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Being a down and in player with above average speed, the Misfit would work if drilled on the aggressive side. This ball seems to prefer speed at the pins below 16 mph in my experience. However, mine is drilled pin up (more length) and that driller tended to drill everything a little too long for my speed. All those balls I just throw slower but you shouldn't have to do that.
    The current price of the Misfit does make it more appealing. The fact the perfect scale rating is about a 100 points higher than what you are currently using and it may just work better for you than I'm thinking. I like my Misift, it's a good ball when used as designed.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 36

The DV8 Marauder sounds like a good match for you...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12