Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computers!

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla View Post
    At current count, including the 3 machines that are not currently set up, I have 6 PC's in the house. My GF is starting web design school soon, and part of the program is to get a new Macbook that she gets to keep upon graduation. I have enough computing power around here to start my own private NSA, lol. Of course most of that computing power is spent surfing the web and playing on Facebook.
    Lol, i only mentioned my main laptop, if i remember correctly there are currently 8 laptops, and 7 desktops at my house lol

Media-PC connected to tv to watch movies
    Media-PC 2 connected to the tv in my bedroom
    Solaris workstation that i was running a file share off
    Desktop setup for open use for anyone that wants to use it
    3 desktops that i am currently setting up/fixing for friends

Laptops:
    My School laptop
    My Work Laptop
    Personal Laptop
    Mothers Laptop
    Fathers Laptop
    Fathers Laptop 2 being used as a security camera monitor
    Sisters Laptop
    3 Laptop's that I'm fixing for friends (my friends screw up there computers a lot)

then if you want to get into mobile devices....
    2 Blackberry playbooks (nice cheap media player)
    Motorola Xoom
    Galaxy note
    2 ipod touch's (sister + mom)
    3x windows phone 7
    my Galaxy s3
    my work Blackberry

so ya..... LOL
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Yes that is very true what AZBowla said about surfing mostly. I am so very excited about continuing in school right now, plus the free computer, what's not to like. lol. Yes, we have a ton of computers sitting around, plus my 5 and half year old son will be getting one soon for his schooling as well. Good times.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    Sad face, i will give apple that, because of the lack of access they give to there users people don't worry about maintenance, but in my opinion, double the price for the same computing power is simply ridiculous.

to each there own
    I agree that their pricing is somewhat outrageous, but I had an Android phone before and the accessibility was much better with being able to customize and not having to pay for pretty much every app. But the phone was not very stable, even when rooted and running and stripped down ROM.

I also had a few PC's about 6 or 7 years ago that were custom built and they were nice. But the performance seemed to decline over time where my Mac is almost as fast as the day I bought it over 5 years later. No messing with defragging, reformatting, just turn it on and go.

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    I agree that their pricing is somewhat outrageous, but I had an Android phone before and the accessibility was much better with being able to customize and not having to pay for pretty much every app. But the phone was not very stable, even when rooted and running and stripped down ROM.

I also had a few PC's about 6 or 7 years ago that were custom built and they were nice. But the performance seemed to decline over time where my Mac is almost as fast as the day I bought it over 5 years later. No messing with defragging, reformatting, just turn it on and go.
    This would have to be the one advantage i see with mac's, the mac OS only needs to work on one hardware configuration that has been tested 600 ways to Sunday, where as a windows os has to work on every off the shelf hardware configuration out there.

as for android, it has become a lot more stable since the days of android 1.0-2.2, but yes being open source is a great advantage because of the collaboration from different developers as well as the ability to customize it to best fit your needs.

when it comes to performance issues, i have created stock images of all my computers with all the software etc that i need for them and i simply re image ever few months. (fully automated process that i have set up to run without user input over night)
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Im an iMac fan, I went to college for networking, and we had both machines, the Mac's were/are hands down the best. I still own a couple window machines (desktop, laptop) for back up when my daughter comes for the weekends.
    What alot of people dont realize is Apple's charging a premium for their machines because the components going into them, with Apple its not a bidding war for the cheapest price of hardware, its the finest hardware on the market. This makes a better machine last longer, smoother, quieter and the list goes on. I love how my iMac, iPod and iPad are all linked together, and as soon as my upgrade comes along Im going iPhone, and this coming from a guy who seriously loves his Motorola Driod Razr, I still havnt found the iPhone to keep up with it, but I do like the fact of tying all my peripherals together.
    TONIGHT WE BOWL. DV8 MISFIT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12