Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally, team PBA bowling!

I hope someone picks Tom Daughrety, but I don't think they will. It would be nice to see him get a chance at redemtion.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Can't wait to see the teams after they are picked. Hoping Brad Angelo makes it on to a team so I can route for him and talk to him about it. I bowl at the Lanes he just bought in Lockport. The guy is doing a great job at fixing up and old uncared for alley and bringing people back in the door. Such a nice guy too, see him every week at my league where he jokes around and talks to everybody.

Just hoping they have cool names and logos. I would totally buy a hat.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The clothing line alone could really help the PBA financially. Many hats plus how many league teams would get shirts like their favorite pro team? I like it because I like several individual bowlers but not exactly the entire staff of any one company.
    Maybe a chance to finally root for Parker Bohn III and Rhino Page at the same time with Tommy Jones?

Brad Angelo comes off as a bit egotistical on TV. Glad to hear he isn't like that off the lane. Western NY isn't that far. Maybe I should come see the place one day.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Ringer

Yeah Bill Western New York isn't very far from Ohio. Although I hate driving in Ohio. It is like a never ending state of highways! Brad Angelo is a very nice guy and always is walking around with a smile when I see him at the lanes. He just bought the lanes in August and turned it around well from what it was. I think people get bad impressions of guys as they only see them in tournament settings where they are trying to focus. No doubt there are some jerks but it is tough to know what they are like without actually spending time with them more than saying hi.
    And just googled your town....... it is a bit of a drive! lol

Ringer
    Chats: 24

Which lanes did he buy South transit or allie brandt? Those are the only two lanes that I know of it that area.

Ringer

He bought South Transit and has done a good job on cleaning the place up. Brad himself was out during leagues the first few weeks talking to everyone making sure everything was up to par. He came over to our lane and asked if everything was ok so far that night. Myself and one of my teammates kept sticking on a spot on the approach, it seemed to be right near my slide point of my left foot right near release. So him and I went over and found the spot and he took care of it. There is still a few things to be worked on like any bowling alley.

None of my troubles at the lanes can be as frustrating as the issues they have at the WSOB on lanes 7 and 8. You could really see it last night during the Viper Championship. They talked about it and I watched as guys who were shooting over 220's and 230's go over to 7 and 8 and be lucky to hit 190. During the round of 16 Mike Fagan squeaked out just enough on the last game which was on lanes 7 and 8 for him to make the show. Fagan was first overall going into the final game and dropped so fast hitting those lanes. I think he shot like a 185 and made it in on 1 or 2 pins.

I just hope they go away from the golf atmosphere where everyone is quiet. I would love to see everyone screaming and yelling in the crowd and the players getting into the game and trying to get into each other's head.
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Ringer
    Chats: 24

A little happy gilmore bowling action would be nice.

Ringer

At the Ryder cup this year, some of the golfers had the crowd cheering during their tee offs. It was nice to see. A lot of the golfers and even bowlers take the complete silence thing a bit too far. Personally i need noise.

Quote Originally Posted by UBowling View Post
    I just hope they go away from the golf atmosphere where everyone is quiet. I would love to see everyone screaming and yelling in the crowd and the players getting into the game and trying to get into each other's head.
    I would definitely welcome more noise. There are just too many bowlers bowling in "fun" leagues with demands of total queit and no music.

What's fun about that? (bowler intro music like they have for relief pitchers and wrestlers would be awesome)
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast