Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a foul line fear?

Chats: 0

Default Anyone have a foul line fear?

I use to have a concern of the foul line let's say. When I would slide I seem to be at least 1'6" from the line at the end of my slide. When I would try to get closer as I made my approach I would feel like I was going to end up on the alley at the end of my approach. I always felt that I would cross the line trying to get close to the foul line and end up on the alley doing a crash landing on the oiled part. I saw my bowling partner once stick on his slide after he threw his ball and tried to keep from falling over the foul line. Well he couldn't keep from going forward and jumped onto the alley with both feet and hit the oil and his legs shot out from under him and he landed on his back and his head bounced off of the floor. We got him up and he said that he was alright. He said that he knew he was going down and tried to keep his head up as far as possible so he wouldn't knock himself out. I guess stuff like this made me not want to slide close to the line. I have been able to get over the fear of being too close and can now be 6" or less on the completion of my slide. It seems easier to get a strike getting up close because my ball doesn't have the tendency to hook early when it hits right near the foul line where there is no oil. Plus it is easier to hit my target on the alley because I am closer to it. Anyone else here have this quirk?

Cranker
    Chats: 7

All the time! I just don't worry about it and thats why I switched to a tennis shoe on my right foot and slide shoe on my left. It has helped my slow my approach down to a walk. My brother had same problem where he would slip and since he went to a tennis shoe bowling shoe,he stop hittng foul line. Just make sure the tennis shoe does'nt mark the lanes.

Zothen

Chats: 506

i just bowl if it happens it happens i think thinking about it makes u foul i havnt fould in a long time

Chats: 891

i normaly never worry about the foul line and today in league i crossed it 4 times shooting a 10pin
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 723

Personally i tend not to deal with the foul line, i never cross it but the buzzer isn't on to allow the little ones to get used to the game without worrying about to much. i do have an interesting story though, last year we had a new senior bowler join the league and week after week i would watch him take an entire step over the line every throw, but he wouldn't listen, so one day i asked if we could turn it on and this 150 average bowler bowled a 26....lol. but after that day he never crossed the line again
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Ringer
    Chats: 24

Our league leaves them off due to technical issues with them. If you really want to call the foul you can, but no one really does. Without the fear of the buzzer I never really even think about them. It did come back to bite the one girl in the *** during an end of the year tournament. She tripped the line like 4 times the first game.

My slide is way short of the foul line, and I don't know why. I don't think it's fear of the foul line. I need to work on that.

Chats: 0

hei, i never dealed with the foul line untill somebody mentioned that i was standing waaayyyy behind when delivering.. so i got help and found a new position on the approach, changed the lenght of my steps. It took a while to get used to it, get the new rythem programmed in the muscles, but now i do not think about it anymore. It's all about repetition. And do not be afraid to step over in practice..Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The only time I feared it was when I couldn't see it. That developed bad habits that I'm still working to correct ten months later. I'm short of the line and tend to plant too much which throws my balance off.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

When our local pro tried to get me to shorten my approach,( at 5'8" tall I was starting with my heels on the dots farthest from the foul line and taking three steps) I moved a foot up on the approach and promptly slid almost the whole length of my foot over the line. Not the first and probably not the last time I left Chris standing there shaking his head in disbelief over something I've done on the lanes.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast