Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looks to get another high end ball

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Ball99999 View Post
    According to tamerbowling a heavy oil ball may have less hook in heavy oil since it expends constant energy keeping traction.
    Tamerbowling:
    They will not visibly appear as the biggest hooking balls. That’s because increased friction also increases the amount of energy used up by the ball. Heavy oil balls are meant to create a consistent read in such heavy conditions. They don’t try to create a booming right to left move and a huge backend generally speaking. They will be smooth front to back, meaning they will hook as much in the midlane as they do in the backend creating an arcing motion, rather than a skid/snap motion.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Cranker
    Chats: 7

No problem Striker12! Their are a lot of good balls out their for heavy oil.

Zothen

Chats: 891

yeah i wanted to get some info from you guys cause alot of people on here bowl with those balls and i have never thrown one of them before so thats why i'm getting you guys to tell me some balls and i will look into them all and see witch ones look good to me meaning im going to be watching alot of videos.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I personally have the Defiant & neXus Solid(Both asymmetrical)and the beserk(symmetrical)and really like both. The neXus Solid is the only ball that has limited me to using it on long sport patterns only. Defiant and beserk were drilled opposite of each other(Defiant pin over ring finger,beserk opposite)and I can use them on light/medium-heavy oil with the right coverstock adjustment.

Zothen

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    I personally have the Defiant & neXus Solid(Both asymmetrical)and the beserk(symmetrical)and really like both. The neXus Solid is the only ball that has limited me to using it on long sport patterns only. Defiant and beserk were drilled opposite of each other(Defiant pin over ring finger,beserk opposite)and I can use them on light/medium-heavy oil with the right coverstock adjustment.

Zothen
    nice could you put a picture on here of how your neXus solid is drilled because thats mostly what i need is a long pattern with high volume of oil on the lane and sometimes lower volume of oil.

my hell raiser revenge is pin down and there is a picture of the layout on it somewhere on the boards cant really remember where but it is ment for a really roll and dose not really work so well on long oil cause it will skid down to far and if i bring it in to closer or go streght up 10 board it over hooks so i'm looking for a ball that i can open the lane up and still get a nice move on the backend into the pocket.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

ok i have narrowed it down to 3 balls one from each brand and the balls are.

storm- virtual gravity nano

roto-grip- defiant

brunswick- nexus solid

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    ok i have narrowed it down to 3 balls one from each brand and the balls are.

storm- virtual gravity nano

roto-grip- defiant

brunswick- nexus solid

Well... if orange mint smelling bowlingballs are your thing, the virtual gravity nano is the ball for you!

more seriously though, all three are very similar, they all have near identical hook potential and all have Asymmetric cores

slight difference include:

defiant/nexus/nano
    Finish: 3000 Grit Abralon/500 & 1,500 Siaair Micro Pad Finish/4000-grit Abralon
    RG :2.49/2.536/2.48

the other difference is price, on bowlingball.com the nexus is $20 cheaper than the other two.

all look like great balls.....
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Here is my recommendation on options for a new ball

Storm:
    IQ Tour, Lucid, Fire Road. If you can wait until next month, go with the IQ Tour Pearl.

Roto Grip:
    Defiant Edge

Brunswick:
    Aura or Meanstreak

But hey if you find a ball that makes bowling fun for you, go with it. I have seen the Nightmare in action, it is a very good ball. The Marauder Madness is sweet too. You may also want to check out the Motiv Venom Strike. It is supposed to be a light-medium oil ball, but it hooks a ton for me.

p.s. I live in Utah, it is Storm country here, everybody loves and throws Storm/Roto Grip. I throw as many different brands as possible and one of my best friends is on DV8 staff so I like to be familiar with equipment.
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Quote Originally Posted by UBowling View Post
    Here is my recommendation on options for a new ball

Storm:
    IQ Tour, Lucid, Fire Road. If you can wait until next month, go with the IQ Tour Pearl.

Roto Grip:
    Defiant Edge

Brunswick:
    Aura or Meanstreak

But hey if you find a ball that makes bowling fun for you, go with it. I have seen the Nightmare in action, it is a very good ball. The Marauder Madness is sweet too. You may also want to check out the Motiv Venom Strike. It is supposed to be a light-medium oil ball, but it hooks a ton for me.

p.s. I live in Utah, it is Storm country here, everybody loves and throws Storm/Roto Grip. I throw as many different brands as possible and one of my best friends is on DV8 staff so I like to be familiar with equipment.

ubowling i said bowling ball that is a high end ball you said some but then you also sead some mid performance balls too im looking for a ball to replace my HRR that im going to get drilled pin up my HRR is pin down and my proshop sead i should pick between storm/rotogrip/brunswick for a ball to go with my track ball/balls.

i think i have decided i might get the nexus solid watched alotof videos on it getting thrown down the lane and same with the other balls but the nexus i seen that you are able to mvoe all over the lane better and still get a nice backend move on every line from the the left of the lane all the way to the right and nice looking ball.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast