Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: looks to get another high end ball

Chats: 723

interesting choice, when are you planning on getting it? and what will it be replacing in your bag?
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Ben, did you not read what Striker painfully posted? It's replacing his Hell Raiser Revenge that isn't drilled to the balls liking.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

congrats on the nexus if thats what you decide. It really is a great ball. But judging based on what's in your bag I have to wonder why you want another aggressive bowling ball. You seem to have many balls that are very strong and in my opinion your biggest need would be a ball like the tropical heat hybrid or a versa max. This would fit nicely between the freeze and the too reckless. I don't know much about how you bowl but that's what I would get if I were you. If you do go with the Nexus I can say I love mine more than I thought I would. It took me a couple games to get the cover to calm down a bit though.

oh and if you haven't decided yet for storm I would go with the IQ tour or the Lucid... I've never been a fan of rotogrip... and for Brunswick you can't go wrong with anything in the Nexus line.

Good luck on your decision

Chats: 506

list of the top balls ( hook wise) for each company and the info i know about it

hammer deep purple taboo ( my ball)
    strom lucid
    ebnoite Mission x (the ball i was thinking about got hammer instead)
    DV8 nightmare (prob my next ball)
    brunswick aura
    Roto Grip Defiant ( my friend uses it he loves it)
    900 Global Freight Train

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoesTheDynomite View Post
    congrats on the nexus if thats what you decide. It really is a great ball. But judging based on what's in your bag I have to wonder why you want another aggressive bowling ball. You seem to have many balls that are very strong and in my opinion your biggest need would be a ball like the tropical heat hybrid or a versa max. This would fit nicely between the freeze and the too reckless. I don't know much about how you bowl but that's what I would get if I were you. If you do go with the Nexus I can say I love mine more than I thought I would. It took me a couple games to get the cover to calm down a bit though.

oh and if you haven't decided yet for storm I would go with the IQ tour or the Lucid... I've never been a fan of rotogrip... and for Brunswick you can't go wrong with anything in the Nexus line.

Good luck on your decision
    yeah i was at first awhile ago thinking of getting ball for between the freeze and too reckless but then talked to my proshop and he said because of i throw the ball muti ways i can use the freeze i have even had my freeze hook from dropping at 30 pushing out to 5 and it still over hooks the pocket on medium oiled lanes.

yeah but my Hell raiser revenge is drilled pin down for max hook/arc so i decided to get another aggressive ball that will be pin up but only problem with my other aggressive bowling balls they are 15 and 16lb i have had to go down to a 14lb ball because of wrist problem planing on getting it checked this summer
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    interesting choice, when are you planning on getting it? and what will it be replacing in your bag?
    yeah as bill said its going to kinda replacing my Hell raiser revenge its just going to be drilled different with pin up the HRR is pin down but the ball that i will be taking out of my bag will be the kinetic pearl because i really have no need for it, it was just a backup spare ball for split so i can hook to ball backwards just enough.

and im planning on placing the order for the nexus solid on saturday when i go bowling and hopping to get it the following saturday.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

just called up the bowling allie to see if the proshop was open but it was not i wanted to ask him a question so then i asked the front desk and i asked how do they oil the lanes on saturday for the jr league and they said every other week and sometimes they will do it back to back to just to keep us on are toes rather then get use to going back and forth they will put down a box pattern some what like the us open but with eather more volume of oil or longer down.

now ik why i have abit of a problem there i cant play streght up fully i always cross boards but after this i have read a few thing and the things i read said if are not fully able to bowl streght up fine the target you want to throw down and move your target 3 boards left (for righty) and see if you hit the target you want to go streght up and just adjust left and right from there until you find the spot to look at. so i'm going to try this on saturday but i'm not fully sure if this is true or not if anyone else has any tips or drills to work on throwing streght up please share.

talked to my proshop today about the bowling ball and at first he sujested a few other balls to me to think of soo i looked at them in his book then it came down to 2 balls the defiant edge and the nexus the nexus there with out drilling or taxes was $244 holy crap and the defiant edge was $222 i will go with defiant edge he said he will benafit me more cause it will hook great and i will be able to have a little error to the right of target but not much maby 2 boards and will also help me with playing streght up more

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123