Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtraframe this year

Banned
    Chats: 100

Default Xtraframe this year

Just started today with the WSOB.

They canned Jackie Bowling (which is kind of weird) and replaced her with Ashly Galante who is super cute.

Chats: 723

I never really looked into xtraframe, is it worth the money?

Edit: is it possible to save videos? watching everything live isn't really an option, internet connection at home is to slow
    Last edited by 75lockwood; 11-04-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Banned
    Chats: 100

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    I never really looked into xtraframe, is it worth the money?

Edit: is it possible to save videos? watching everything live isn't really an option, internet connection at home is to slow

There are different qualities now, overall not very good quality video except for live premier events like top 16 etc. They usually archive all live shows to watch when you want but not sure if you can download them.
    It's worth it during months they play (not a year long subscription) because you get to see all matches not just the last three like you see on ESPN. Well almost all matches, they bounce around different players.

Try a video downloader helper for firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/

Quote Originally Posted by Ball99999 View Post
    There are different qualities now, overall not very good quality video except for live premier events like top 16 etc. They usually archive all live shows to watch when you want but not sure if you can download them.
    It's worth it during months they play (not a year long subscription) because you get to see all matches not just the last three like you see on ESPN. Well almost all matches, they bounce around different players.

Try a video downloader helper for firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/
    Alright cool, i think i'll try it for a month, it would be nice to see a broader range of players, the same general list of players made it to each final last year

The only thing that really bugs me with Xtra frame is the lag between the audio and the bowling the commentary comes like a full shot ahead of the strike and it's a suspense killer

Quote Originally Posted by EboniteKid299 View Post
    The only thing that really bugs me with Xtra frame is the lag between the audio and the bowling the commentary comes like a full shot ahead of the strike and it's a suspense killer
    well if it's possible to download the video there are a bunch of tools out there that can be used to re sync the audio

besides using a firefox video downloader addon does anyone know if it's possible to download the video?

Ringer
    Chats: 23

They did mention on the show the other day about the audio/video being off. They also mentioned that the archived versions would line up correctly. So from what they are saying the audio being off to the picture will be fixed when it is not live.
    They do a great job of giving you overall coverage of the event but don't buy it if you are looking to watch certain guys bowl. They do jump around a bit to different lanes and with the guys moving each game you never know who you will see. Also at times they do tend to kiss butts to some of the guys. They love to talk about Sean Rash. At least that is what I have noticed.

I think I am going to cancel after this month and wait for the heavier months to renew it on a monthly basis. I kind of wish they would just start a bowling channel on TV. I would pay a few bucks a month to have a station dedicated to bowling. Sort of like the golf channel. They can even branch out and show old matches. What would really be cool is a show like they have on the Golf Channel called Big Break. Where they basically have a reality show competition and the winner gets a contract to go pro. That would be fun, plus with the new PBA league they need to have a show dedicated to the team aspect. I have too many ideas....

Chats: 25

I looked at this, but to be honest I think the money would be better spent on a few extra games of bowling. I can watch the pro's all day long and it's helpful and fun, but not as helpful to my game as just going out there and doing it myself. I would love to go to an actual event sometime next year though. There aren't any scheduled for Arizona this season (what up wid dat, PBA?) but Vegas is close, so I want to take a trip up there sometime and see the big names play in person. I'd really enjoy that I think.

I guess you can't sign up to xtraframe using paypal.... no creditcard

As much as I love bowling, and love watching it, I can't see paying for a subscription to a streaming web service. I know it's not that exspensive, but still. Guess I just have to wait until they hit ESPN with the WSOB events.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast