Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best "simple" release?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Ball99999 View Post
    What's the issue.. I was just confirming what you said..
    Then specifically wanted confirmation on if wrist cup still works for that release.
    Okay, originally you asked what is the best "simple" release? Because doing a "Good release is too hard".

the answer I gave was
    "Just hold the ball with a firm straight wrist, hold the hand at about a 45 degree angle and hold this position through the swing."

Now your asking "if wrist cup still works for that release."?

Yes, you can cup the ball if you need to and you can break your wrist back if needed.

Okay lets anticipate your next question "Do I keep my hand at a 45 or angle it some other way?"

Yes or you can change angles if needed. That will change your rotation some.

Okay lets anticipate another next question "Do you keep the hand straight or do you cock it ?"

You can keep it straight, but you could cock it if you wanted or needed to.

But once you start adding those into the simple release, it will no longer be the "Simple" release but will become the: "I know how to do a good release, but doing one while actually bowling is difficult for me." release again.

So the best suggestion is to stick with just the simple release and practice it till you are consistent with it. before worrying about if you can change something.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-15-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Banned
    Chats: 100

By simple I just mean no wrist turning. Cupping is easy enough

Chats: 25

I hold my ball at the angle I want it to be at during release and then just focus on keeping it in that position the whole time. When I do it right, the ball hits my mark (usually the second arrow). When I don't, it goes left of my mark and I see it right away. As with anything else, it takes practice. Don't expect to get this right immediately, just keep at it until you can do it consistently. Then move on to the next step.

I know you've said before that you don't want to hire a coach but I think it would be money well spent for you. A coach will be able to watch you bowl and answer your questions far better than anyone just reading posts in here. You can usually get a good deal on one lesson and that one lesson can give you tips and advice that will make your next several practice sessions much more productive and worthwhile. Remember, even the pro's have coaches. If they need them, then guys like you and I definitely need them.

Good luck and keep at it.

Chats: 723

Ok, if you want to hook the ball without any rotation then your option is a full roller (the "briefcase") my question is what is so difficult about rotating your wrist, point your thumb at 2 o clock, as you release the ball rotate to 10 o clock....

Read this: http://www.athletics2000.com/andrew/...cal%20Game.pdf
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Banned
    Chats: 100

You would have to ask my wrist and fingers. Somedays it works but mostly it's just a big fat mess.
    I wonder what would really be loss without turn.. I can still put roTation and lift with the single position.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

You can get a hook with just lift alone. Check out the last guy on this video with the red shirt. No axis rotation, just lift and it hooks.
    P.S. that issue is now corrected so he can adjust more to the lanes.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...ritical-Theory
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

You would have to ask my wrist and fingers. Somedays it works but mostly it's just a big fat mess.
    I wonder what would really be loss without turn.. I can still put roTation and lift with the single position.
    Do you feel the ball roll off the end of your fingers? The tips of sides or does it just feel like it leaves the pads of your fingers and not the tips?

Sorry, what i got from this is that you are capable of it, but you simply need to practice! Practice makes perfect, there is not secret way to get strike after strike, if you want to do with you need to practice! changling what you do every week will get you nowhere

Chats: 0

Ok, I think everyone that has posted here to answer your question ( # 247 ) would agree that your main problem you're having, is "OVER THINKING" everything. The amount of questions, and type you've asked, would lead me to believe, after all of the answers I've seen come back from you, is that you now have an overload of information and are totally confused. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what appears to be going on. I think Bill, Bowl1820, Lockwood, and several others might agree with me. Everyone on this site, is more than willing to help someone improve, BUT, it's the practice, and MANY games of it, that's really going to help. IF you try to work on too many things at the same time, with no one standing behind you to correct what you're doing, you'll just be going around in circles chasing your tail.

At this point, if you lived closer to me, I'd drive a couple of hours just to get you straightened out. But I hope you take this in the way I'm intending it. You need to get more practice, submit a video and let us see the results. That's the only way, I can see, we can help you out.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Ok, I think everyone that has posted here to answer your question ( # 247 ) would agree that your main problem you're having, is "OVER THINKING" everything. The amount of questions, and type you've asked, would lead me to believe, after all of the answers I've seen come back from you, is that you now have an overload of information and are totally confused. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what appears to be going on. I think Bill, Bowl1820, Lockwood, and several others might agree with me. Everyone on this site, is more than willing to help someone improve, BUT, it's the practice, and MANY games of it, that's really going to help. IF you try to work on too many things at the same time, with no one standing behind you to correct what you're doing, you'll just be going around in circles chasing your tail.

At this point, if you lived closer to me, I'd drive a couple of hours just to get you straightened out. But I hope you take this in the way I'm intending it. You need to get more practice, submit a video and let us see the results. That's the only way, I can see, we can help you out.

Bob
    This * 1000!

Well said good sir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast