Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best "simple" release?

Banned
    Chats: 100

Default Best "simple" release?

I know how to do a good release, but doing one while actually bowling is difficult for me.

Right now I'd like to worry on just a physical game and consistency so I was wondering what you think the best simple release is?

I'm assuming something without wrist rotation so please describe hand position and if wrist should be straight/cupped etc.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Okay here's the simple release again, from one of your past threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball99999 View Post
    I'm finding it so difficult to coordinate all this. It would seem easier if I could just keep my hand in one position but everyone tells me to turn it and I either overdo it or turn my arm.
    Your basically just starting out, So Yes Keep it simple at first. There's nothing wrong with keeping the hand in one position.

Here's something I posted in another thread.

Just hold the ball with a firm straight wrist, hold the hand at about a 45 degree angle and hold this position through the swing.

This will give you a good basic roll on the ball, a little bit of hook.

Your not going to swing the whole lane with it, so you might have to move right with it some. Your just working on a consistent release.

Remember keep your elbow in, do a nice straight swing (Stay in the 4" groove)
    Look at the two videos in this thread:
    Click here for Keys-to-a-Good-Aim-Swing

Once your consistent there, then you can work on adding more hook, cupping and uncupping the wrist, cocking the wrist etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-09-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 36

Watch a Porker BohnIII video on youtube. His physical game is beyond perfect...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Chats: 723

I vote for the option where you post a video of yourself bowling so we can give advice specific to YOU
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    I vote for the option where you post a video of yourself bowling so we can give advice specific to YOU
    I'm with lockwood......with all of the posts you've made, it's time you posted a video.

Bob

Banned

So basically not flat (like I used to.. it was basically a straight ball release for a reactive..) and not 90 degrees (suitcase?) where my two fingers, curled into the ball, look like they're pointing to the left wall... but right in the middle? Does wrist position still make a difference here (should it be stiff, cupped etc?)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

So basically not flat (like I used to.. it was basically a straight ball release for a reactive..) and not 90 degrees (suitcase?) where my two fingers, curled into the ball, look like they're pointing to the left wall... but right in the middle? Does wrist position still make a difference here (should it be stiff, cupped etc?)
    Did you even read my post above? It answers those questions and even has 2 pictures showing you.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

See if this helps...It's part of an article by John Jowdy:

The forward swing is the culmination of an ideal armswing. It requires undying pa- tience and must be executed without a trace of anxiety, particularly in its beginning. The forward swing should not be forced. The top of the backswing must act as a dropoff point.
    Imagine the arm and ball as a crane and wrecking ball em- ployed by demolition crews. The ball should fall in a downward slope from its own
    weight and descend powered ONLY by its own momentum.
    Forcing the ball through the downswing can prove catastrophic. It will create an imbal- ance at the release because the exertion im- pedes rhythm. It can also induce an early turn of the hand at the release point and hinder and inhibit a clean, smooth follow through. More often than not, this results in pulling a shot.
    A free armswing affords hand acceleration as the forward swing reaches a flat plane. At this point of the delivery, the hand, and ONLY the hand, should accelerate out, through the ball, and onto the lane. This release, coupled with a proper pushaway and a fluid and free armswing, can result in near-perfect shot execution.
    A free armswing equips you to execute at the highest level.

Follow Through
    An ideal follow through should be soft and extended with minimum elbow bend. It must be swung from the shoulder, not the forearm, and extended toward the pins, NOT the ceil- ing. It is advisable to send the fingers to the breakpoint. I do not recommend following through behind the ear with bent elbow. This type follow through tends to make the ball over-react. Keep the follow through long and extended.
    With patience and practice, you will be- come a better bowler!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Did you even read my post above?
    Does he ever?
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Did you even read my post above? It answers those questions and even has 2 pictures showing you.
    What's the issue.. I was just confirming what you said..
    Then specifically wanted confirmation on if wrist cup still works for that release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast