Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: me bowling please tell me anything i need to improve.

Chats: 891

Default me bowling please tell me anything i need to improve.

hey guys heres a video of me bowling ik some thigns im doing wrong.

main thing i do see im doing wrong is my balance its the main thing i see im doing wrong but also my ankle is messed so that could be the other reason for it.

the bowling balls i was thowing was my.

-DV8 too reckless(first 2 shots)
    -DV8 hell raiser revenge(a few shots)
    -track kinetic pearl(1 or 2 shots with it)
    -c300 freeze(the rest of the shots)

spare was also the c300 freeze attempted the Greek church but did not get enough from the freeze and was close just missing the 6pin.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

i did edit out shots and the shots i edited out where the shots that i stuck on

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

Chats: 506

i dont think id be much help you bowl a different style then me sorry buddy keep that leg down =D i got told about that yesterday
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

yeah the lanes where so dry on the outside thats why ont eh first shot i shot it out wide and it hooked like nothing to the pocket and tryed it again and it started voer hooking so edited them out and then started playing up middle and was doing decent untill i messed up a few shots.

im trying to keep my leg down but dont work so well my right leg is abit messed up

Chats: 723

Well... first id like to remark at the fact that the ally i bowl at has the same ball return

your swing seems a bit inconsistent, it will swing to the left, then to the right, then straight..... you need to work on doing the exact same thing every time, other than that, your balance is a bit off.

now we wait for bill to come whip you into shape LOL
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

lol yeah bill probly will.

yeah mostly the swing is different is mostly because i was throwing different balls my HRR thumb hole is gotten worn out and now to big abit so i do have to squeeze witch on saturdya going to get a new one then the kinetic pearl span is too short but fun to throw it but then the freeze thumb is decent and thetoo recless thumb is perfect fit still kinda new

Chats: 0

Well, before Bill chimes in let me get my two cents worth in for you Striker. For the most part your approach looks pretty good. I'm in agreement about your right leg, you need to try to keep your right toe on the floor. Part of your falling off to the right ( other than not using your leg for balance) is that you get to the line a second before your arm and ball. Keep this fact in mind..."If your feet are too fast, you'll fall to the right and if your feet are too slow you'll fall to the left." So you're just a split second ahead of the ball. Even if you can't get your right leg all the way down, if you can get your ball and slide foot to come together at the line it will help your balance a ton.

Regarding 'Lockwoods' comments, he's correct, however when you are off balance it's awfully hard to throw the ball consistently. You want to get to the point where you are "Perfectly" balanced on just your left foot (and right toe hopefully) when you release the ball and be able to HOLD that position until the ball drops off of the pin deck. When you get to that position you will be able to feel more about what your arm, hand and follow through are doing as well. Basically you will be setting yourself at the line.

Bob

thanks bob i will keep this stuff in mind and give it a try my next bowling is on saturday in league soo i will try to do this and see how i do but after i throw the ball i will try to hold the spot and if i do i will look down and see where my right leg is at

Cranker
    Chats: 7

The 1 constant thing I see you do is movement! In my opinion you have too much movement before you bowl and this may be throwing you off. Can you hold ball still for couple seconds before you bowl? I have a teammate who does this and as soon as he stopped moving the ball,the more consistant he was in the pocket. Also you seem like your rushing,try slowing your footwork a tad and keep arm striaght thru swing. Your armswing should be same regardless of what ball your using,unless your going coast-coast with 1 ball and down & in with another? I would also consider a brace for leg or ankle for more stability.

Zothen
    Last edited by Zothen; 11-12-2012 at 09:00 PM.

as everyone else said (including you) I think you should work mostly on your balance. Once you figure out how to get your foot down it will help a lot with consistency. The only other thing I see is that when you're trying to throw a strike your arm seems to go all over the place. Ideally you should follow through on your target line. You do this very well on your spares. It might be because from what it looks like on your strike shot you are really trying hard to hook the ball as much as possible. That's just how it looks to me. If you just roll the ball and follow through the revs will still be there, you might even have more. Keep working at it though... bowling is soooo much work haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast