Thread: Need to a find a good pro shop in SouthEast Pennsylvania...

Default Need to a find a good pro shop in SouthEast Pennsylvania...

I'm in Lower Bucks County PA, just north of Philthadelphia. I would like to find a place that is within a few minutes or so drive, I would prefer to stay out of Philly.

I know there are plenty of places around here but, I can't seem to find one that has regular hours after I get home from work. I'm more than likely going to buy my new ball online but I will need to have it drilled somewhere local. I was thinking of going to a few of the places that I used to back in the day but, I've been told I should definitely find somewhere else that may understand that a ball can be drilled in varying ways for different effects instead of just drilling a few holes and that's it.

If anyone knows of a good place around me I'd appreciate it if you can let me know where.

Thanks!

Chats: 36

Are you anywhere near Easton, PA? I go to an excellent guy there...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

That's probably about an hour and a half ride to get to Easton. That's a bit far.

Chats: 36

I have a cousin named Augie Quattrini who runs the Pro Shop at the Rose Bowl in Allentown. I know he can hook you up...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

I appreciate that but for now I would like to try and find someone/someplace local first so that if any issues arise I can be there within in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by kx90 View Post
    I appreciate that but for now I would like to try and find someone/someplace local first so that if any issues arise I can be there within in minutes.
    I think there's a spot in blue bell that's got a good reputation. A guy I know goes there to get his stuff done. And we live in the south Philly area. Can't remember the name though

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

If only you were closer to Bethlehem, then you could have the www.bowlerx.com pro shop hook you up.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    If only you were closer to Bethlehem, then you could have the www.bowlerx.com pro shop hook you up.
    Yeah that is a 1.50 to 2 hour drive for me, but I have it bookmarked, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Gus and the boys at The Strike Zone Pro Shop in Thunderbird Lanes, Willow Grove (1130 York Rd. Willow Grove, PA 19090) have drilled every single one of my bowling balls the last 14 years. They offer free drilling when you buy the ball from them and feature a wide selection of ball manufacturers (Ebonite, Hammer, Track, Columbia, DV8 and more).

They are there weekdays during league play 6-11PM and on Saturday afternoons.
    Feel free to message me here if you have any questions.
    I'm at TBird every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (unless I pre-bowl).
    Last edited by SmilingBowler; 02-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.