Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sick of this Tim Tebow garbage.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

It starts with ownership. Being a native Bostonian I fully understand the situation. As long as the seats are full then some owners don't care. An owner that cares about winning and then hires the people to accomplish that task, that's what's needed. So glad the Pats and Sox figured that out. Bob Kraft is an awesome owner and a decent guy.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

So Rex, how did that Mcelroy thing work out? What? Sacked 11 times? And He's better than Sanchez? Anyone else see what I saw? No one on this team can get open, and even if they could this offensive line can't give the QB time to throw. Mcelroy had a different strategy than Sanchez, rather than chuck the ball and try to make something happen, he decided to eat the ball, and get sacked a near record amount of times. Ok my fellow idiot Jets fans, keep blaming the QB for these issues, and not the coach and GM. This team is doomed with the three headed clown show of Rex, Tannenbaum, and Woody. I still see people writing that Tebow should have played all season. Are you kidding? If Tebow started today, they would have lost 27-9. Tebow doesn't do anything until the 4th quater, and they would have been down 20 by then, so what good would that do. I can't wait to see Tebow in Jacksonville next year, getting his head handed to him every game, leading a team to a 3-13 record. Also keep hearing "poor Tim Tebow, he did nothing to deserve this, it's not his fault." Yes it is. He is the one who insists he is a QB, even though we all know he can not throw the ball. If he was open to playing another position, none of this would happen. He also showed what a class act he is by refusing to play today. You hear that everyone, crybaby asked his way out of all wildcat plays this week. He went to Rex, and Sporano (another idiot who has to go) and said he did not want to be put in the game to run wildcat plays this week. Even though I know this idiot coach will stay, and the owner will never wake up, and we will be a 5 win team next year, I will be so happy to habe Teblow off this team. Man I wish I could switch teams, and be a Giants fan. They may not make the playoffs either, but at least they aren't the biggest joke in the history of the league. I still can't beleive the owner is so blind, he can not see that 31 othe NFL teams, and all the fans are laughing at this team.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSinister View Post
    This team is doomed with the three headed clown show of Rex, Tannenbaum, and Woody.
    Did someone say Tannenbaum?

hahahahahaha.

I agree with almost everything you said, except about Sporano. I think he's a fine coordinator. Not that great a head coach, but I think he's a fine coordinator. I know the dolphins always played the Pats closer than the score reflected when he was coach there. Part of it was bad defense, but I do think he's a fine play caller. Your problems are his boss, and his boss' boss. I'll give Tony some credit. I think the Jets WOULD be better off if he were the head coach just because he carries himself better and wouldn't give every other team in the league reason to hate the Jets and all their talking.

But what do you expect, anyway? Rex runs his mouth, and then brings in players who like to run theirs as well! They were supposed to win a Lombardi before the 3rd year was over, remember? Maybe only one Jet should ever be allowed to make guarantees.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

We can agree to disagree on Sporano. The problem i have with the "Sporano is a fine playcaller" point you made is, he never called plays. This is the first time in his career he has called plays. He was an O-line coach before he became head coach. Despite the common myth, he did not invent the Wildcat, and did not call those plays. His O coordinator (forgot his name) came up with the Wildcat, and called all the plays forthe Dolphins while Sporano was there. The biggest problem with him running the Jets offence is Rex. He wants nothing to do wih the offence, he pretty much has come out and said it. He wants his O coaches to make all of the play calls, and substitutions, and handle everything themself. It's almost like he wants to havea Co-Head Coach. Clown.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Hmmm... Screw me. hahaha. I always saw him on the sidelines with sunglasses and a play call sheet over his mouth and figured he was calling the plays. Even so... Lots of coaches don't call plays but have a huge input on the play calling itself. Parcels was famous for yelling at Belichick if the defensive plays weren't to his liking. I think I once saw a clip of him yelling, "HEY, BILL! Next time try running the play that DOESN'T allow them an easy touchdown!"

But I'll admit I could be wrong about Sporano. I just assumed. None the less, I feel like he did a decent enough job in Miami, considering what he had to work with. Now, how much of that was his fault? I dunno... I liked the fact he seemed committed to building up the lines like Parcels used to do. I still believe football is won and lost in the trenches.

If you have a great offensive line, your running back gets better holes, your QB gets more time, and your WRs get more time to get open. The offense is more than likely going to be decent.

If you have a great defensive line, it works the same way. hahaha. My favorite Pats defense was the Ted Washington defense. We had Ted Washington who was old, but STILL big and good enough to demand a double team. Richard Seymour, who demanded a double team, and Ty Warren. That's 5 linemen accounted for. Our linebackers had great success doing pretty much whatever they wanted to do. It was perfect for that 2 gap system, and the defense was incredible because of it.

Maybe I'm just still a Parcels guy...

Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)

Blog Entries

I despise Parcells myself but can't argue with his methods as the record speaks for itself.
    All the Ryan's are clowns. It's not Rex's fault, it's genetics. Still, he needs to go. Not to another team just go away.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I despise Parcells myself but can't argue with his methods as the record speaks for itself.
    All the Ryan's are clowns. It's not Rex's fault, it's genetics. Still, he needs to go. Not to another team just go away.
    The way he left the Pats was hard to take, but looking back at it I think it was just as much Kraft's fault as it was Parcels. The good news is Kraft learned from his mistake. Even though we had some dark, dark years with Pete Carroll, you can't argue with the results after that.

Now... If we didn't have Belichick, I'm not so sure how easy it would be to forgive Parcels, but without Parcels, there's no Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Now... If we didn't have Belichick, I'm not so sure how easy it would be to forgive Parcels, but without Parcels, there's no Belichick.
    Without Tom Brady, you could have vince Lombardi and it wouldn't matter.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Blog Entries

But Bellichek was the one that drafted a seldom used at Michigan Tom Brady in the fourth round. Not many fourth round quarterbacks ever make the starting lineup nevermind a sure lock to the hall of fame. It took him awhile but Bill Bellichek finalized his rating system for players to draft and sign quality TEAMMATES. The man won't put up with stupid crap either. Just ask Randy Moss.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    But Bellichek was the one that drafted a seldom used at Michigan Tom Brady in the fourth round. Not many fourth round quarterbacks ever make the starting lineup nevermind a sure lock to the hall of fame. It took him awhile but Bill Bellichek finalized his rating system for players to draft and sign quality TEAMMATES. The man won't put up with stupid crap either. Just ask Randy Moss.
    6th round pick. All NE fans should thank Mo lewis of the Jets for injuring Bledsoe, or Tom Terrific could have been riding the clipboard for a few more years.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast