Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are all double rollers made with short handles?

Chats: 1

Default Why are all double rollers made with short handles?

Well the question is obvious. I'd love to find a good double roller that had a handle long enough like my luggage does. All the handles are so short I feel like a hunchback dragging it around.

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by HughScot View Post
    Well the question is obvious. I'd love to find a good double roller that had a handle long enough like my luggage does. All the handles are so short I feel like a hunchback dragging it around.
    I'm Confused... my double roller has an extendable handle... its perfectly long...
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

They all extend but not long enough. Compared to a carryon luggage roller it's about 10" short. And if you're tall you have to bend over to roll it.

Sounds like a good excuse to get more balls and a bigger bag to put them in. It does make you wonder wth the manufacturer's are thinking because they all seem to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse to get more balls and a bigger bag to put them in. It does make you wonder wth the manufacturer's are thinking because they all seem to do this.
    Exactly and I've looked at everything. It's real simple to do but they all seem to use the same platform. And a heavier bag is not what I need, ha. A triple roller is fine. Oh well.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Maybe you need to find yourself a ball boy who is shorter than yourself. Problem solved and it saves your arms for bowling! Can't wait for my son to grow up so I can have my personal ball boy for league nights.
    I got a few years.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Why are all double rollers made with short handles? If they made them longer they would stick out from the bag when collapsed, this would make it awkward for storage.

Also if they used more telescoping , it would be more likely to bend and bind.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Why are all double rollers made with short handles? If they made them longer they would stick out from the bag when collapsed, this would make it awkward for storage.

Also if they used more telescoping , it would be more likely to bend and bind.
    Nope, my carryon luggage weights as much or more and telescoping is not a problem. If you used decent materials it could easily be done. They'd have to charge more but I'd gladly pay.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Nope, my carryon luggage weights as much or more and telescoping is not a problem. If you used decent materials it could easily be done. They'd have to charge more but I'd gladly pay.
    I didn't say it couldn't be done, Just meant that there was a more likely chance there could be a problem with the tubing being deformed.

Do to the extra sections that would be needed.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 723

I see what your saying now, the why is simple, the handle is the same length as the bag so that when put down it fits. compared to your luggage, when the handles are both down, which is taller a double roller on the luggage?

Solution is simple, extend your arsenal to 3 and get a triple roller! or... get a 2 ball tote
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast