Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Marauder

First I would like to say that the Marauder is really cool. By boyfriend absolutely loves his that he got for his birthday. I think that you were doing great with it, especially with your wrist being injured. I bet you will have it doing exactly what you want when your wrist is all better. Second, I have a question about your ball and how it is drilled. What is the extra hole that you have for? What is the functionality of it? I am curious and was wondering. I have seen other balls with this, but am not sure why it is done. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default To slide, or not to slide,,,,, That is the question!

[QUOTE=billf;63987]Yes it was the first of the day and after a 90 mile round trip to get the ball.
    Mike, slide is something I've been trying to do correctly but keep catching myself taking too big a step and planting.

Hey Bill your form, at its worse, looks better than MINE at its BEST! Lol I tried to slide, (being Iceman you think it would be my cup of tea)!! But I didn’t like the feeling,,,,, it left me COLD! I don’t get it! The slide to me is a out of control balance thing, and when I take my 3 steps, and plant, I feel 100 percent in control. My BIG problem is hitting my target. The other day when I had that league 749, I was ON!! I watched with my eyes almost every time when that ball rolled across the target board. Results,,, best game of my life. Are there any Pro’s that don’t slide? How much of a handicap is not sliding to a game in your opinion? I use to have great balance when I did Ironwork. Walked small steel sometimes over 600 feet up with nothing on either side of me! I wonder why it just doesn’t feel right sliding while bowling! Hey Would be cool to post a game of you and your talented daughter bowling one another!!

Chats: 326

No, I don't believe there are any pros that don't slide. If there is, I'd like to see it.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla's Girl View Post
    First I would like to say that the Marauder is really cool. By boyfriend absolutely loves his that he got for his birthday. I think that you were doing great with it, especially with your wrist being injured. I bet you will have it doing exactly what you want when your wrist is all better. Second, I have a question about your ball and how it is drilled. What is the extra hole that you have for? What is the functionality of it? I am curious and was wondering. I have seen other balls with this, but am not sure why it is done. Thanks.
    I don't have an extra hole in it but what you're referring to is a balance hole. It's used to keep the ball's static weight legal and can increase the ball dynamics. We just forgot to do it on this one and it doesn't need it after trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Are there any Pro’s that don’t slide? How much of a handicap is not sliding to a game in your opinion? I use to have great balance when I did Ironwork. Walked small steel sometimes over 600 feet up with nothing on either side of me! I wonder why it just doesn’t feel right sliding while bowling! Hey Would be cool to post a game of you and your talented daughter bowling one another!!
    Are know there are but can't think who at this time but I will research it. Not sliding a handicap? Only in that the slide allows for margin of error in timing. My daughter won't do a video. I keep asking but she's too self-conscience about her size.

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    o and what was with that random double ball shot at the end?
    There was dead wood in the left gutter. The worker asked me to clean it out when I was done and that's how I chose to do it. Dang 7 pin stayed up too.

Subbed this morning. No warm up, last second thing when a guy didn't show 272, 187, 223. I made a huge, total gut adjustment. I backed the brace off 1 notch to get less revs, moved my feet left 20 boards and my target left 5 boards. As long as I was within 2 boards either side of my mark, the pins went in the pit. With this layout it reads the mid-lane extremely well, flare is high and the backend is smooth. The harder I roll is the better it looks. When the revs get too close to even with speed or dominant, it takes off too hard. Exactly what I wanted but didn't expect the move to have to be so drastic. I'm cool with that though.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 25

I gotta say, for the money the Marauder is a lot more ball than I expected it to be. I'm VERY happy with mine and thanks again for the recommendation!

Blog Entries

I haven't heard of an unhappy Marauder owner yet. I've only heard of one person that wasn't happy with a DV8 product but then again, he doesn't seem to be happy with any ball.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I haven't heard of an unhappy Marauder owner yet. I've only heard of one person that wasn't happy with a DV8 product but then again, he doesn't seem to be happy with any ball.
    I can't wait until Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARAUDER TIME!!!!!
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 891

nice looking ball know how many dv8 balls do you got like 20
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Blog Entries

Ummm, let's see. At my disposal there is the Misfit, Marauder, Reckless, Too Reckless, Hell Raiser, Terror, and two Revenges. So 8 total DV8 balls so far. I want the Zombie ball after I win the Madness this week.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 891

i was going to get the zombie ball but decided not too and save my money till i get better at shooting spare shots.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast