Thread: IQ Tour Pearl Review by Storm Staffer Daniel Mareina

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default IQ Tour Pearl Review by Storm Staffer Daniel Mareina

The Storm IQ Tour Pearl is a beautiful golden beam of awesomeness! It has the C³™ Centripetal Control Core, wrapped in the R2S Coverstock. This is the smoothest reacting BEAST of a ball ever made. It will be a must have in every arsenal for 2013. The official release date is December 4th, 2012.
    I drilled the IQ Tour Pearl with a 4 1/2" X 5 1/4" X 4" layout. This is a medium flare, controlled breakpoint layout with the pin down far enough to get a solid mid-lane read. The R2S Pearl coverstock is clean through the heads, and doesn't overreact in the mid-lane. The C³™ Centripetal Control Core is amazingly smooth, and packs a punch that would make Mike Tyson jealous. This ball exits the pin deck with such force, I am amazed that it doesn't come out the back of the machine. With speed adjustments, I can stand anywhere from the 25 board to the 45 board and not only carry, but crush!
    This ball will be great for anyone that doesn't put a ton of revs on the ball, but still wants a strong reaction. It will also be great for anyone that bowls on a medium to heavy oil pattern, but needs the ball to clear the heads clean. Truthfully, I think this ball will be a must have in everyone's arsenal. I expect to see them as abundent as the Virtual Gravity was when it first came out. 5 out of 5 in my book!

Check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvzxhMZ98n4
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Chats: 723

Ball looks great, but did you really get that many strikes in a row?
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries

I did not put in bad shots. I will tell you that it took less than 20 minutes to bowl all of those strikes, and I cut quite a few out that were on the same line as others. I try to bowl from one the middle and then throw farther and farther right until I can't strike. Then I move my feet and start again. This ball really is an animal. Drilled it right before league on Wednesday. I bowled a 901 for 4. I shot 265 with the back nine strikes in one game. The last game was only a 190 something due to the lane drying out, and this ball was a little too aggressive, but I kept with it just to fully test it. This ball will be highly recommended by me when it comes out.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Banned
    Chats: 100

I was interested in this one but then the Victory Road caught my eye. Same coverstock and cheaper.

What I'm looking for is something a lot more angular than the Modern Marvel. Something skid/flip.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Ball99999 View Post
    I was interested in this one but then the Victory Road caught my eye. Same coverstock and cheaper.

What I'm looking for is something a lot more angular than the Modern Marvel. Something skid/flip.
    What you're really looking for is a magic ball that will turn you into a bowler without having to practice or actually learn anything. This ball would also need to make league more enjoyable by making the members younger and with better hygiene. Also must have adjustable span and pitches.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries

Damn Billf! I haven't had a ton of time, but what is this ball99999 done?

As for Ball99999, you want angular, then you want the Fire Road! Awesome ball, coverstock of the Marvel Pearl, and a very angular core.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMareina View Post
    Damn Billf! I haven't had a ton of time, but what is this ball99999 done?

As for Ball99999, you want angular, then you want the Fire Road! Awesome ball, coverstock of the Marvel Pearl, and a very angular core.

I have a Modern Marvel so I think there would be too much overlap.

Blog Entries

The Fire Road is not even remotely similiar to the Modern Marvel. The core in the Fire Road is much larger, and therefore spins up later on the lane. Also, it is pearlized instead of a Hybrid coverstock like your Modern Marvel. Trust me, you would never mistake the two reactions as the same. The victory road pearl is a good ball too, but I think the Fire Road is a better option.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Banned

Thanks.

Blog Entries

UPDATE! Second night in league with this ball, and I already shot a 300 with it! 747 with game 3 being a perfect game. Also my first sanction 300 with 12 pocket shots, LOL! This ball is ridiculous. Great recovery, great power, and can hold in the oil in the middle and still carry when I tugged it. This one will be flying off the shelves in December!
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member