The Storm Fringe has the N.O.S. core and the R2S Coverstock. It is a light/medium oil ball, and comes with a 1500 grit polished finish. This ball is clean through the heads, mid-lane, and strong off the end of the pattern. Definately a great ball for anyone looking for a skid/snap reaction, or someone looking to play straighter up the boards.
I drilled my Fringe with a 5" X 4 5/8" X 1" layout. This is a lower flare, late reacting layout. With the pin this far above my fingers, I had to put a small weight hole above my axis to make it USBC legal. With this layout, the reaction is amazing. It is very much clean through the lane until it hits the end of the pattern, and then it makes a solid jump towards the pocket. I find this layout also gave me the ability to increase or decrease my speed to play a variety of angles on the lane. I don't suggest getting too deep with this ball, but it creates enough angle to carry from almost anywhere.
I suggest this ball for the bowlers that are trying to play up the track area, need a ball that can clear dried heads, or like a skid/snap reaction.