Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullying

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

My father was abusive both physically, verbally and emotionally. To the point that I was afraid to be a parent myself. One day in fourth grade I ran home from the bus stop and into the house. My father was home (I still don't know why) and asked why I was out of breath. I told him all those kids outside want to beat me up. He looked outside to see about 20 kids, all older than me, outside in the street. He looked at me, "So what are you doing in here?" and made me go out to get my butt kicked while vastly outnumbered.
    He was Navy UDT and thought he was teaching me to stick up for myself. In a lot of ways, it worked. Socially it screwed me up. I was the largest introvert in high school history. Three time football high school All-American and four-time baseball high school All-American, got straight A's and worked a full-time job and still didn't say more than what it took to answer questions until my Junior year. Airborne, Air Assault, Primary Leadership Development Course, Basic non-commissioned officers course and on and on. It wasn't until I finished first in my class at the Drill Sargent Academy that I actually felt I was worth something and had some confidence. I've always worked longer and harder than anyone I know just to prove to myself that I was worth the time at whatever I was trying to do. Even all this time later, I work a lot of hours. I've been at this job four months and at my three month review my boss said I work harder and more hours than anybody they've ever had.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 506

agree bill i can kinda relate to your up bringing kid next door use to beat me up all the time my dad would just keep sending me out there till i beat him well after getting beat for the 4th time he didnt make me go back out lol
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Blog Entries

One time a "friend" and his brother broke my glasses. I chased that little jerk all the way to his house. He ran inside and slammed the storm door. I put my hand through the glass, grabbed the back of his collar and yanked him back out through that glass. And my dad wanted to know what I was thinking. I was thinking I was getting beat for letting my glasses get broken and for not sticking up for myself. Talk about a no-win situation lmao
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 506

nice lol
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    One time a "friend" and his brother broke my glasses. I chased that little jerk all the way to his house. He ran inside and slammed the storm door. I put my hand through the glass, grabbed the back of his collar and yanked him back out through that glass. And my dad wanted to know what I was thinking. I was thinking I was getting beat for letting my glasses get broken and for not sticking up for myself. Talk about a no-win situation lmao
    Geeze bill, you had some unfortunate times as a kid, your dad sounds like a rough fellow.

shall we move on to a happier topic?

I'm only 38 hours from being a Deviant!!!!!!

New Avatar?
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries

We all have had some issues in life to deal with. Nobody has had a picture perfect life. The past may give me a different perspective as yours will you, but I don't and won't let mine define who I will be as a man, husband, father or friend. We don't just learn from the good times but also the bad times. The bad times hurt the soul and that's why they are so hard to forget.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12