Thread: Blue Hammer Urethane

Chats: 0

Default Blue Hammer Urethane

Recently bought a new Blue Hammer. After bowling 12 test run games on it I found a good setup for this ball. It likes shots straight down the boards between the first and second arrows. If you don't like straight shots you can move closer to the center dot on the approach and belly the ball out some.
    My high games with this ball were a 234 and a 236. It seems like you can use the same target for a while without having to adjust for a new line. That might be because it is a urethane ball. I like it also because it is easier for me to pick up those pesky 7 pins I leave as a lefty. I stand right and throw over the center arrow and it tracks nicely to the 7 pin without a hint of a hook and miss like with my resin ball. On my first shot I can hit the Blue pretty good with the fingers at release and the hook won't be wild. It is a nice controlled hook. If you have trouble controlling a hooking resin ball then the Blue urethane should be in your bag when you are tired fighting your ball during league night.

Chats: 0

Further info on the Blue Hammer is that it has 5 different layouts plus the surface is performance urethane with a Abralon finish of 800, 1000, 2000 and 4000. So you have enough layouts to make the ball do whatever will work for you the best for your style of bowling.

Would this be a good first ball to pick up? Currently throwing a house ball relatively straight. I average 130-140 with the house ball my most recen high game is a 197.

I say relatively straight because I release about two boards to the right of the center arrow and the ball tracks to the left towards the pocket.

I want to learn a hook and I'm interested to know if this would be a good ball to start with.

Thanks In Advance