Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should baseball have a salary cap?

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    I grew up 4 blocks from Comiskey Park and I was going to Sox games before I was born. We could watch the fireworks they used to have after every night game from the front of the house. I'm not a big Ozzie fan, either. But I did hit Lou Pinella with a peanut in left when he was a player. Too bad it wasn't a truck?
    Oh, come on! Lou is great (as long as he's not managing MY team....)! hahahaha. If you're going to get ejected, at least get your money's worth!!! Tito rarely gets ejected, but I know he doesn't come CLOSE to getting his money's worth on his ejections. I think he just tells them, "Well, I will continue to politely disagree with your opinion, but I understand it's your right to think that. Oh, am I being ejected? Well, thank you, kindly. I do have some chores I can get done around the house, after I shower, of course."

Is this not the greatest meltdown ever (not Lou, it's even BETTER)???? It's so good, I almost have to believe the whole thing was staged. Still funny, no matter how many times I've watched it. It's double A ball, btw, it's not the MLB Braves.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

i think they shuold because they get paid millions of dollars for hitting balls. and next to the money they get put on TV

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    The house that babe built has turned into the house that A-Fraud destroyed.
    Sorry, but I have to correct you on this. The House that Ruth built is being DESTROYED by the Steinbrenner's greed (Papa George and Baby Hank)

Alex the great (pretender) will turn NY around, when I don't know but it will happen (yeah, right and I'll be whisked away by Paris Hilton and Marilyn Mason for a Catholic retreat.)

The Yanks will be back, so they didn't make the playoffs, first time since what 1995? and yes they haven't won the Series since 2000. But, the run "the bums" had prior is not to shabby.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Killa Milla View Post
    i think they shuold because they get paid millions of dollars for hitting balls. and next to the money they get put on TV
    You make it sound so easy!!! hahahahaha.

I dunno. I'm entirely too biased when it comes to baseball. You shouldn't take my opinions too seriously. It's easily my favorite sport, by a long shot. If I could somehow manage to watch every Red Sox game in Fenway for the rest of my life, but I could never bowl again, I wouldn't even hesitate.

Everything about baseball just SCREAMS American to me. Some of the best memories of my life happened in Fenway, just taking in a beautiful Boston summer day with my grandfather, cracking peanuts on the ground, talking a bit about nothing and anything. Such a great game!!!!

Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Baroncad View Post
    Sorry, but I have to correct you on this. The House that Ruth built is being DESTROYED by the Steinbrenner's greed (Papa George and Baby Hank)

Alex the great (pretender) will turn NY around, when I don't know but it will happen (yeah, right and I'll be whisked away by Paris Hilton and Marilyn Mason for a Catholic retreat.)

The Yanks will be back, so they didn't make the playoffs, first time since what 1995? and yes they haven't won the Series since 2000. But, the run "the bums" had prior is not to shabby.
    A rod is a CURSE, I TELL YOU!!!! I have never, in my life, seen emptier numbers. He is the master of turning a 10 run deficit into a 9 run deficit with a single swing of the bat. When runners are on the corners, one out, it's almost guaranteed he will strike out OR hit into the inning ending double play. Once I read your post, I immediately started looking for a page I saw a couple months ago. Someone put together a great system for determining clutch hitting. Over the last 5 years, A-Rod was listed in the bottom 4th of the league. That 5 year span INCLUDED his MVP 2003 season with the Texas Rangers who finished with a losing record (I think they were 70-92, or something like that, I can't remember exactly, but I think they were about a 70 win team that year).

I understand your sarcasm, but there's really no reason for it. I live in Texas, I've seen what the guy can do. When the Red Sox were THAT CLOSE to getting A-Rod, I was beside myself with grief. I didn't want him, and I'm one of the few who felt that way. When the Yankees got him, I really thought, "Watch him change.... Watch him become a great clutch hitter, settling into the cleanup spot of that lineup... Watch, we really are cursed!!! He could have been on the Sox, and I didn't want him, but now he's a yankee. I will never see this team win." It didn't happen! BUT, he did provide some of the more memorable moments I've ever seen, as a Red Sox fan (think: Jason Varitek's glove to the face, the purse slap incident.... etc.).

Enjoy him. Just don't expect anything out of him. He's not going anywhere with that contract, that's for sure......

What is Bowling?

i think there should be no salary cap. hey if your good enough to get the money than you are good enough to spend as much as you need to get a player. the yankees couldnt afford all these players if they didnt when the penants so i think that they deserve to spend as much money on who they want because they derserve from winning all those penants

Quote Originally Posted by ddrs1330 View Post
    i think there should be no salary cap. hey if your good enough to get the money than you are good enough to spend as much as you need to get a player. the yankees couldnt afford all these players if they didnt when the penants so i think that they deserve to spend as much money on who they want because they derserve from winning all those penants
    Sound logic. Your first post in in a bowling forum was in the baseball thread. I think you and I will get along just fine!!!!

Welcome to the board, man!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    A rod is a CURSE, I TELL YOU!!!! I understand your sarcasm, but there's really no reason for it. I live in Texas, I've seen what the guy can do.
    I was not being sarcastic, I truly believe A-Rod was a mistake, that has yet to be realized. Post season he disappears, POOF!!! gone.

Please read this again:
    "Alex the great (pretender) will turn NY around, when I don't know but it will happen (yeah, right and I'll be whisked away by Paris Hilton and Marilyn Mason for a Catholic retreat.)"

I was being lighthearted, but true full.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Baroncad View Post
    I was not being sarcastic, I truly believe A-Rod was a mistake, that has yet to be realized. Post season he disappears, POOF!!! gone.

Please read this again:
    "Alex the great (pretender) will turn NY around, when I don't know but it will happen (yeah, right and I'll be whisked away by Paris Hilton and Marilyn Mason for a Catholic retreat.)"

I was being lighthearted, but true full.
    Yeah. Your sarcasm was in the text, your explanation of said sarcasm is in the parenthesis. I got it! hahahaha. I think he's a huge mistake too. And I think NY knows he's a huge mistake, and I'm willing to be the majority were disappointed when they gave him the contract he wanted.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ddrs1330 View Post

I think the yankees are turning players greedy as they pay crazy amount of money to players. so then medium players want more money.

I also believe that the yankees are like an all star team themselves.

I know many people who love it when the yankees lose a game and also miss the playoffs. Its like spend all of this money and not make it to the world series. Great time.
    Go Broncos!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast