Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Football...Who's your favorite?

Chats: 0

Default College Football...Who's your favorite?

Well, it's almost that time for that annual discussion of what will the BCS do?

Will Alabama get the nod?

Can Texas Tech stay perfect?

Why is Utah the ugly bridesmaid (again)?

What about Texas, USC, Florida, and Oklahoma didn't they have a tougher schedule than the rest?

All that drama and more come December for who will be asked out for all those nice post season dances (Bowls).
    No playoffs for college football well Div. 1 or FBS (nowadays)-"That would make the season too long already and their still students" many college brass laments.

Now before you go into "but Div. II has a playoffs, why can't the major schools have one too".
    Well that's because all the Bowls from the Rose to the Toilet, don't want one (read: MAJOR money)

All BCS bowls: Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Sugar have 6 million+ reasons why a playoff schedule is infeasible.

Even the minor bowls: Cotton, Holiday, GMAC, and others pay out $300,000 to millions to each team, again Serious Moola.

Okay, I didn't plan on ranting.

Back on Topic... Who's your favorite College football team?

My favorite team is Notre Dame (and yes they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag) Fighting Irish.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 19

Good for you, my cousin is a freshman at Notre Dame. Being the good Irish Catholic that I am, I've always been partial to Notre Dame and Boston College (yeah, yeah, I know they're "rival" schools, but they're also the only two D1 Catholic schools out there).

As for my affiliation, I went to Texas Tech, and while I didn't graduate FROM TTU, they still get most of my pay cheques (along with that Sally lady, who I'm NOT a fan of....), so I figure they owe this to me.

They better do it this year, they'll never get this kind of chance again. Think about it. Texas at home, OK St. at home, bye week BEFORE playing OU on the road.... Watch them beat OU and then lose to Baylor.... Wouldn't that be something? I was there while Kingsbury was, and it was so disheartening to see us lose our homecoming to Kansas, but beat Texas.... Go figure!!!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Default ouch

I have to say that my fave is the Seminoles.. Flame on! It's my hometeam and I gota support them, lol.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Wait a minute, a Florida team??? But you root for the Phillies? I'm confused. A transplant, too?

Chats: 19

If you're Mike Leach, I don't see any reason I would say in Texas Tech. He finished with one loss, ranked 7th in the BCS, and can't get the nod to be in a BCS bowl (it's a money thing.... The BCS bowls want teams that "travel well" and can generate them a lot of money). YET, Cincinnati gets the nod. Wow. Because they travel well?

Number 10 Ohio State got in... Number 19 (NINTEEN) Va Tech, got in....

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I get it, I get it. Some of it has to do with how you finish in your division. But still... What else do you have to do?

If I'm Leach, Auburn calls. You have a shot there, they will get some respect. Any respect you gain for Texas Techis PURELY your own doing, and has nothing to do with the school itself. So I bolt, if I'm Leach.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

I'm a Michigan State Spartan fan, and I think this year we will be around 8-4. I would like to comment on the BCS system, however. Most fans and players seem to want a playoff system, which I too would really like to see. Some argue that a playoff system will take away from any individual regular season game importance...such as now, if you lose a game, you have no chance of making the National Championship game. That argument is bush-league, compared to the excitement a playoff system would bring, as well as high ratings and huge money. If you do an 8 team playoff every year, and start it the 2nd week of December, you will have room enough to have all the bowl games continue for the remaining 112 or so teams that are not part of the playoffs each year. From what I've seen, there are usually only about 8 teams left at the end of the regular season that are really good enough or worthy enough to contend for the National Championship. Seed these 8 teams and have #1 play #8 at #1's home field, #2 play #7 at #2's home field, etc.

You will have 4 teams left after this, and I would have these final two game, as well as the National Championship game, played at a neutral site, in a warm weather or indoor stadium. Rotate the locations each year. Play these games in prime time, and see ratings go through the roof.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Numb, do you know Keith Kingston?

Chats: 1

Step into my office

Chats: 42

The one, the only, the Florida Gators.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    Numb, do you know Keith Kingston?
    No, who is he?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast