Thread: Did your football team get anyone good in the football draft?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Did your football team get anyone good in the football draft?

Ok so the Broncos got a few guys, yet the whole Cutler drama still gets people fired up.

What about your favorite football team?

Did you like the picks?
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 19

We got a bunch of guys, but I hate all the after draft analysis. It will all mean nothing until they step on the field and contribute, which could take a couple of years.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    We got a bunch of guys, but I hate all the after draft analysis. It will all mean nothing until they step on the field and contribute, which could take a couple of years.

Do you like Fantasy Football?
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 19

Yeah, I've played the last 6 o 7 years now.... I'm actually the commish of a league my friends and I all play in. It's normally pretty good times!!!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Fans of the Detroit Lions were upset at this years draft. People were pi$$ed that they didn't go defense instead they went with the QB, Stafford and a TE with their first two picks. The fact of the matter is the Lions are currently like an expansion team. They have so many holes to fill that no matter who you picked, it still is not enough. Their draft philosphy was obviously to get the best available players at the time of their selection. This team will probably win only 3-4 games next year, which is probably by coaching alone. They will be in position for decent draft picks next year in a deeper draft class. Time will tell.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

I would think you can organize a bowlingboards fantasy football league pretty easily, and use yahoo, or something like that as the outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Do you like Fantasy Football?
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    Fans of the Detroit Lions were upset at this years draft. People were pi$$ed that they didn't go defense instead they went with the QB, Stafford and a TE with their first two picks. The fact of the matter is the Lions are currently like an expansion team. They have so many holes to fill that no matter who you picked, it still is not enough. Their draft philosphy was obviously to get the best available players at the time of their selection. This team will probably win only 3-4 games next year, which is probably by coaching alone. They will be in position for decent draft picks next year in a deeper draft class. Time will tell.
    Yup, this is the year that "time will tell" for the Detroit Lions. A monkey could have done a better job owning and managing that team over the last decade, but now the Lions have the right GM and coach, plus a real QB and defensive line. Now, let's see who we add in free agency, and if Stafford can keep free of injury. By the way, Matt Millen is announcing TV games now...who in the world would listen to a thing he has to say about football??? Oh, yeah, William Clay Ford!!!
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    Yup, this is the year that "time will tell" for the Detroit Lions. A monkey could have done a better job owning and managing that team over the last decade, but now the Lions have the right GM and coach, plus a real QB and defensive line. Now, let's see who we add in free agency, and if Stafford can keep free of injury. By the way, Matt Millen is announcing TV games now...who in the world would listen to a thing he has to say about football??? Oh, yeah, William Clay Ford!!!
    Who's that, Drew Stanton? How long before Stafford gets hurt?

This crazy week of free agents/trades is driving me insane. I have to stop watching until something actually happens.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

"Driving me insane" you say, Mayor. Well that, my friend, is a short drive!!
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Yes it is!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.