Thread: Still working on getting inside out swing.....

Chats: 0

Default Still working on getting inside out swing.....

I am trying my best to get that elusive inside out swing in bowling. That bowling swing is similar to the inside out golf swing. In either case you get more power to the ball when you get this right just like you do in golf. It also probably gives you more revs and more power to the ball. It also looks good when you get it right and the ball bellys out to your target and does a nice hook into the pocket. When I do get the inside out swing right it just feels good in my hand. My steps in my approach I seem to have down pretty good. The inside out swing and getting use to the release to change the axis rotation on the ball is still a work in progress. Some of these things are easier to do because I am down to a 14lb ball which is good for us old folks.
    I also am trying to stay in the 4 inch slot on the backswing and forward swing and have the ball pass under my head as it goes into the release area. I never thought that I would be this much into bowling. Out of all of the sports to get into bowling seemed to be the sport that I was better in the any of the others. So here I am.

SandBagger

inside out swing. Is that when you start your ball a little to the left on the push away, then the ball goes to the outside abit more, then on the down swing, the ball is closer to your leg?

First I am left handed. By inside out I mean setting up on the approach with the ball a little to the outside of straight so when I swing the ball will go a little to the inside on the backswing and when it comes down to the release area it will be coming from inside to slightly outside. This type of swing puts more power behind the ball and helps to belly the shot out to your target. If you watch the video with pros called 10 pin bowling you will see that as they swing back the ball goes more inside and sometimes even tighter to their side on the downswing for an inside out shot.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Technically your terminology is incorrect. An inside out swing is just that and a bad habit to form. What you're really describing is playing the inside part of the ball. This is an aspect of bowling that most amateurs don't use or can't master. It separates the real good bowlers from the rest. Keep working it and it will come.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com