Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greenday's Scores

Default Greenday's Scores

Wednesday night, 11/28/12, I bowled 192, 214, and 190 for a 596 series. Was so mad I didn't get the 600. Spared the 9th frame of the last game, then I had a 6/ 6. So pathetic in that 10th frame.

Today, I had another No Tap Tournament with 80% handicap. Bowled a 199 and a 198 my first two games. First game I couldn't handle the oil. It wasn't heavy oil. It was flooded oil. Then I got plagued with a couple splits in my second game. Then the third game, after enough oil had been taken off the lanes to make it more medium oil, I bowled a 300. Eight real strikes and four nine-strikes. I missed the top four by about 40 pins. On the bright side, they had a side prize for the top two handicap series for people with under a 175 average (I have a 172). I beat the second place person by over 100 pins. Won $50 ($30 entry fee for three games and lunch).

Chats: 506

congrats =D
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I find it funny how no-tap games are so close to people's normal averages.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Well, a 199/198/300 isn't TOO close to my average. But I noticed that no-tap mostly helped the people with higher averages since they always hit the pocket a lot more anyway.

Of the four people I bowled with, only one was any good. Two were just plain awful. One was okay, but had serious balance issues that threw him off. The other was a two finger bowler who was awesome. His 300 game involved 11 actual strikes.

But what I learned was I seriously need a heavy oil ball.

Ugh, such an off night. Can't remember my exact first scores, think they were something like 138 and 143. But after downing a few quick beers, I jumped up to a 211. It may have also been me moving to the 10 board from the 5 board. While they normally have a 37' pattern, tonight it felt the oil was deeper as balls weren't breaking so early. Tore it up my third game. One open frame that game and it was a damn dirty split on what looked like a solid pocket shot.

Bowled like utter crap today. I wanted to go practice, but then my mom told my step-dad he should go so he went with me. Made me feel like I had to bowl actual games instead of just throwing my strike ball every shot. Then they put me between two families with a bunch of kids. I hate kids. And these kids were basically just throwing the balls down against the lane, slamming the balls down, yelling, etc. The lanes were pretty damn dry. I wanted to go and bowl 4-5 games since it's $1.50 before 1pm on Sundays but I was so utterly pissed off by the end of my second game I just called it quits for the day.

I was going to go again Tuesday, but now I feel like I have to go Monday too to make up for today.

Went to my normal practice alleys and they appeared to be having girl's high school teams bowling today. Ended up going to another alleys in another town I prefer not to hang out in but the alleys are nice. Synthetic lanes, nicely oiled. Continued working on my free arm swing and pushing the ball out on my first step instead of second. Felt good today. Only did strike shots the first four games. I've never had so many people just stare at me as I bowl. I was stringing quite a few together. Bowled for score my fifth game but of course, I started getting plagued with big splits which killed my score. Still got a 188 though somehow.

League night. First game I was plagued with splits. Got a 146. Embarrassed. Second game, we were behind and with a strike in the ninth, I looked at the other team's anchor and told him I was going to make him work for the win. Three strikes in the tenth to put us up by 13. He got a 9 and JUST missed his spare, letting us win by 4. Finished with a 188 that game. Third game, I chopped a 3-5-6 spare in the first frame, got five strikes in a row, then had three big splits in a row which killed me. Finished with a 178 that game. We should have gotten two games and wood, but in that last game, the one guy who has a 179 average bowled a 220 and one of the women who has a 135 average bowled a 202. Absolutely killed us.

Posting from the alley! The rest of my team didn't come this week. I have one sub with a "127" six game average. She didn't bring her ball and is trying to hook a house plastic ball in medium-heavy oil. I personally bowled a 152. Tried playing the outside and I couldn't control my hook. Too strong. Splits. Also just leaving solid pins.

Finished with a 152, 169, 188.

List of things that went wrong:

1. I polished my ball yesterday. I thought this would help a lot, seeing as I don't get much length on my shots. In practice, it helped and I was getting good strikes. But combine this with...

2. Heavy oiled lanes. Didn't expect it. Had trouble getting a consistent hook on those lanes. Once they started to break down, I was doing better.

3. No consistency. When I hit the ten board, magic happened. Otherwise, half the time I'd pull up on my strike shots and miss left.

4. Too much focus on staying behind the ball. I was mainly focused on that the whole night and that might have thrown me off on #3. When I stayed behind the ball, I tended to miss my mark. When I was on top of the ball, I'd hit my mark.

As for the positives, I did get some absolutely beautiful shots in. There were a few where I stayed behind the ball, nailed my mark, and watched it absolutely crush the hell out of the pins. I also had fun with the other team. My spare shooting was back to normal form, crushing all my non-splits and I made my two 3-10 splits with ease impressing a bunch of people. Someone actually said to me that I make it look so easy (cross-laning/picking up that spare) and I could only respond, "It is for me now." I might be the best ten pin shooter in the league.

My substitute kinda had me annoyed. She came without her bowling ball but thought it would be a good idea to sub anyway. She tried to hook her ball on the ten board despite the fact that she was using a house ball on heavy oil. When her husband started helping her, she was doing okay, but still kept missing right since she kept expecting her ball to hook.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast