Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Wii?

Chats: 25

Default Anyone have a Wii?

Long story short: A relative of mine came into a large sum of money yesterday and out of the blue gave me some early Christmas presents, one of which was a Wii game system (new toys are always welcome in my house, especially free ones). So if you have one of these, what games do you recommend?

Chats: 243

i pretty much only play the wii sports and wii resort. If you want to dance, "just dance" is a fun game aswell
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Being an IT programmer guy look at "soft modding" your wii.

That is all I will say on that

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Being an IT programmer guy look at "soft modding" your wii.

That is all I will say on that
    Yeah I was thinking about doing that, but even so, I still want to know what games are worth "acquiring".

Chats: 891

well if you want to playing bowling on it and not just the bowling on wii sport you cna go and get the brunswick pro bowling its fun and hard(mostly hard to hook the ball. and the game follows your arm swing and if your arm is off by a inch your throw will also be off.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 36

Yes, the Wii bowling is a lot of fun...

Jay
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Was searching around for bowling games for this thing (what can I say, I'm an addict) and found this: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Bowling-Ba...ef=pd_sim_vg_1

Out-flippin'-standing! I gotta get one of these!

I'm reading reviews on the various bowling games and bunches of them is filled with "avoid this game" and "don't waste your money". Are these guys just lousy at bowling and complaining about it, or do these bowling games all suck? Curious to hear from actual bowlers and not a bunch of crybabies who are mad that there's no cheat code to get a 300 or something. Everyone is saying the Wii Sports bowling game that came with the unit is better than these other games. I find that a bit hard to believe if so, but if that's true... well, I'm a programmer and yes I've written games.... hmmm....

Edit: Well nevermind about developing anything "official" - the cheapest devkit is $2000, then you have to apply to be a dev with Nintendo (more $$$) and they require you to be an actual company (more $$$) with an office (a bunch more $$$) then you have to get your game ESRB rated (even more $$$) - it'd be cheaper and quicker to build my own home alley than deal with all this noise.

Maybe an unofficial Flash game tho.... the Wii has it's own HTML5 compliant browser... I can already hear the crickets chirping as I talk geek speak on a bowling forum... ahh nevermind. The wii bowling ball is neat though, I'm gonna be getting one of those.
    Last edited by AZBowla; 12-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Chats: 0

Wii sports bowling is awsome lol enjoy the wii! ive had lots of fun with mine

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I have the Brunswick bowling. It's pretty cool with season, career, tournaments and all. It has lots of balls to choose from although they are all old.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast