Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Song Ever???

Chats: 19

Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Does anyone have soul? Maybe with a capital S?

Souled Out?

So Very Hard to Go (I couldn't find a good youtube version of this song. The horns hurt you a little when the come in, but on this one, they seemed to have laid back, or the guy who was mixing it for the video turned it down.... blah).

I saw them live a couple months ago at the House of Blues. You know what dry wall is? Imagine if dry wall was a great sound, and then it hits you in the head repeatedly. That's how good their horn line was. It was an honor to see them play. The Funky Good Doctor (Bari Sax player, one of the originals) was really good. I love a good bari sax. I'd hate to have heard them when they were younger. They hurt now, but I bet when they still had 100% of their chops, they caused hearing loss.

Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)

I'm on a bit of a Jethro Tull thing right now.... One of my all time favorites, they have a lot to offer musically, and no one else sounds like them, they're 100% truly original. Ian Anderson is a really underrated musician, IMHO. I'm normally not a huge lyrics guy, but his his lyrics are always interesting and I think his voice is amazing.

Teacher (it says it's not synched, but I think it is, it's almost identical to the studio version.

The Minstrel in the Gallery

Old Charlie stole the handle, and the train, it won't stop going, no way it could slow down (locomotive breath)

Sweet Dreams

A classic: Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die.

Anyone who knows this song, feels compelled to sing the beginning. After all, "Join the chorus if you can." It will make of you an honest man." Songs from the Wood

I could post about a ton more video's, but let's end it with one of my many, many, many favorites:
    Skating Away (on the thin ice of a new day)

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Does anyone have soul? Maybe with a capital S?

Souled Out?

So Very Hard to Go (I couldn't find a good youtube version of this song. The horns hurt you a little when the come in, but on this one, they seemed to have laid back, or the guy who was mixing it for the video turned it down.... blah).

I saw them live a couple months ago at the House of Blues. You know what dry wall is? Imagine if dry wall was a great sound, and then it hits you in the head repeatedly. That's how good their horn line was. It was an honor to see them play. The Funky Good Doctor (Bari Sax player, one of the originals) was really good. I love a good bari sax. I'd hate to have heard them when they were younger. They hurt now, but I bet when they still had 100% of their chops, they caused hearing loss.
    Hey, buddy, another of my fave bands. I've always liked "You're Still A Young Man," "Soul Vaccination," and "Don't Change Horses." An old drummer friend of mine turned me onto them. One of our ice skating pairs in an old Olympics danced to "Oakland Stroke" I believe.

These are some great songs. I really do not think you can claim a best song ever due to the fact everyone has their own opinion. But, you may be able to choose one we all like I would go with the classics myself. I am still partial to the older stuff. But some of the new stuff has promise. I guess we have not had that great song/singer/song writer in a long time. Maybe we never will have another one.
    Epic Opinion- Have an opinion? Maybe its epic? Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    These are some great songs. I really do not think you can claim a best song ever due to the fact everyone has their own opinion. But, you may be able to choose one we all like I would go with the classics myself. I am still partial to the older stuff. But some of the new stuff has promise. I guess we have not had that great song/singer/song writer in a long time. Maybe we never will have another one.
    Hahahaha. Yeah, it was kind of a joke, "Best song ever." Really this is just a, "post songs you like here" type of thread.

Banned
    Chats: 0

Nothing beats karaoke with Journey's Don't Stop Believin. Out of the newest top 40, I enjoy T.I.'s Whatever You Like. It makes me feel like a player when I am driving around with hot women

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

These are my favorites: Low Spark of High Heeled Boys (Traffic); Dazed & Confused (Live version-Zeppelin); LA Woman (Doors); Riding the Storm Out (REO Speedwagon); Bridge of Size (Robin Trower); Sign of the Southern Cross (Dio); Stranglehold (Ted Nugent); Working Man (Rush); Midnight Rambler (Live version-The Stones); Feathers (The Black Crowes); Roundabout (Yes); Deacon Blues (Steely Dan)................Oh, and who also knows the real meaning of Steely Dan's name!! LOL
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

My favorite song ever changes between a few quite often including 'Have A Little Faith In Me' - John Hiatt, 'Country Feedback' - REM, 'The Blind Leaving The Blind' - Punch Brothers, 'Cantique de Jean Racine' - Faure, 'Sicut Cervus' - Palestrina, Untitled (How Does It Feel?) - D'Angelo, 'Raining At Sunset' - Chris Thile and basically anything by Bach.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123