Thread: Booze or booze-free lanes? Which would you prefer to bowl at if you had the choice?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Default Booze or booze-free lanes? Which would you prefer to bowl at if you had the choice?

When I bowl, I take it seriously and don't drink alcohol. I also don't like to be around drinkers, since nothing good ever happens! If you had the choice of two identical bowling centers side-by-side, except one allowed alcohol and the other did not, which would you choose and why?
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

I would choose the one that is alcohol free.

Why? I have bowled with some real good bowlers, but when they drink too much and start bowling bad, throwing bad shots...etc ...They tend to lose the ability to keep there cool!! They do dumb stuff like throw there ball into the pit area ....I mean so hard that the ball bounces back up from the floor chest high!!!!! Or they slam there ball into the seating breaking it!!! or start kicking the ball return or hitting the score monitors!!

I cannot stand that type of behavior, drunk or not, drinking or not....I AM THERE TO BOWL ONLY!!!!

Another thing I hate is for people to start talking about crap that has nothing to do with bowling!! Here I am trying to think about what adjustments I need to make on the next shot ( if any )....and here's another bowler talking about stuff that has nothing to do with bowling and they are wanting me to listen to this....The problem is that I need to think about bowling when I am bowling and nothing else!!

Now when the bowling is over, while there is no more bowling to be done.....I am fine with talking about what ever!! But not until then.

But that's just me.....I take bowling serious, very serious!!

I understand the need for centers to sell booze as a means of extra income, but I would never do it during a tournament or any sanctioned event!!

If people want bowling to be taken serious, then make it serious!!! I MEAN REALLY!!

What if they allowed the players in a base ball game to get drunk, or the players in golf, or basket ball, or tennis or Nascar....or any other sport for that matter!!!

They don't allow it in other sports except for those who are just watching the game, so why allow it in bowling ??

I don't get it!!! Geeezzzzz.....Lets get bowling on the same page!!
    Last edited by Trex; 07-29-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Bingo