Thread: big smooth getting smoother

Smile big smooth getting smoother

[B]style change: smooth getting smoother. if you have seen my previous videos, you have noticed that
    i have a bit of loft when delivering the ball. my ball was hitting the lane 1 foot behind the arrows. now i have a lot less loft. check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmNNoK1mNmY
    tell me what you think.
    bowls: right handed, average: 208 and rising, style: tweener
    ball company: Lane #1
    rev rate: 385 rpm

breakin' sucka's jaws with my saws

Lane #1 baby.......on the grind

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by djbigsmooth View Post
    [B]style change: smooth getting smoother. if you have seen my previous videos, you have noticed that
    i have a bit of loft when delivering the ball. my ball was hitting the lane 1 foot behind the arrows. now i have a lot less loft. check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmNNoK1mNmY
    tell me what you think.
    Ya know.... I'd never really thought anything of it, because even with the loft, you were so consistent with it, I figured it was just your style. I could never do that and maintain consistency, but then again, the only consistency I'm guaranteed is being consistently inconsistent.

I've debated the loft quite a bit, myself. You're a really good bowler, with or without the loft, and I'm CERTAINLY no one who could tell you either way. But the one thing I can tell you is the lanes, and your ball will appreciate you!!!

AND, I still want to train in your dojo....
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Lightbulb

thanks bro'. consistancy is one thing, but, versatility is a whole different animal. this is something that i needed to fix. it is not over, i am still striving to improve, eventually to the point where you can't hear the ball hit the lane surface. this improvement is a BIG step in the right direction for me. now, the COACH can be more effective in demonstrating different techniques that are being discussed. coaches need coaches.

good bowling bro'.

btw, i would be honored to train with you in my dojo.
    Last edited by djbigsmooth; 12-02-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    bowls: right handed, average: 208 and rising, style: tweener
    ball company: Lane #1
    rev rate: 385 rpm

breakin' sucka's jaws with my saws

Lane #1 baby.......on the grind

U.S.B.C. CERTIFIED COACH

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by djbigsmooth View Post
    thanks bro'. consistancy is one thing, but, versatility is a whole different animal. this is something that i needed to fix. it is not over, i am still striving to improve, eventually to the point where you can't hear the ball hit the lane surface. this improvement is a BIG step in the right direction for me. now, the COACH can be more effective in demonstrating different techniques that are being discussed. coaches need coaches.

good bowling bro'.

btw, i would be honored to train with you in my dojo.
    That's a good goal to strive for. I've always marveled at those who release the ball so cleanly you don't hear it hit. I've seen people who throw it halfway (not really) down the lane before it hits, and those who put it down so smooth it's as if they were putting an infant down to bed. I guess my style is somewhere inbetween. I'm not the smallest of men (don't own a scale, but I'd estimate I'm around 260ish), so getting all the way down to place it on the lane doesn't suit me. I probably release the ball about a foot from the ground or so...

I dunno... I think what you're doing is neat. Good bowling, to you!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)