Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

First night of league and it was a blast! Good people, lots of laughs, smiles and an overall good time. I did not have an established handicap, so one was going to be based on my first three games. I ended up shooting a 140, 90 and 167. The first game seemed to go fair. The second game the wheels fell off (I believe every single frame was an open frame). The third game I wanted some redemption and made a move that worked better overall.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Good job coming back from the off game. pretty sure we have all been there where it seems no adjustments you make are working.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Thanks Perrin for the kind words! I'm glad that the third game things came back around from that miserable second game. I think one thing that helped is in the league I'm currently playing in they have the music in the center cranked up with a bunch of classics.
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

Went out to practice today at my home lanes (not the one from last night's league) and had a little redemption. I'm so glad that bowling centers offer league discounts; it's a nice incentive and allowed me to bowl a number of games today. Here's the numbers for the day:

171, 202, 175

170, 161, 205

172, 151, 192

My main goal for today was to work on technique and trying my hardest not to look at the scoreboard. The other plus is that this was the first time during a practice session that I had two games that were 200+.

It was a double header at my home lanes last night; had league and there was a Progressive Pot Game Fundraiser for Tony Reyes (with Kelly Kulick and Randy Pedersen)!

League started out on a high note, but then the oil started to leak as the series progressed; 187, 160, 139.

The Progressive Pot Game started after league and it was truly a very cool thing to watch. It was a treat to watch both Kelly Kulick and Randy Pedersen throw; as well as all the players that entered.

Started out this morning to get some practice at one bowling center that I play league in. Unfortunately, they were full up with a morning league and a 9 pin no tap tourney. Not to worry, went to my home lanes, but they too were having league and a tourney as well. I figured I would try one more center and if I got denied, then I would go home to watch some football. Luckily, my local AMF center was open and had plenty of lanes to spare. I had some things that I wanted to work on; but I primarily wanted to work on producing more revs (after watching various videos on youtube the night before.

121, 119, 108

157, 134, 134

180, 164, 138

130, 150, 119

The hills and valleys of the series drove me nuts; it literally felt like I lost whatever fundamentals I had. Perhaps I was too focused on trying to increase my rev rate and failed on the other basics such as hitting my mark, release, etc...

I was about to pack it in and then decided to bowl one more game; after all it was all you can bowl for $18; but my thumb was feeling pretty sore. The last game I was so tired that I felt really relaxed, was not trying to worry about my rev rate and just focused on hitting my mark. Started out with a 5 bagger and broke my old high score with a 220

Last night in league, I was a different bowler than last week's showing.

203, 196, 202

I was stoked because I achieved one of my bowling goals for 2013; my first 600 series

Subbed tonight for my Friday night league and shot the following:

166, 155, 162

It was a big change from my scores on the Wednesday night league I play in (at a different house) the other night. Tonight, I felt like I was hitting my mark some of the time, but not consistently enough to score higher. That and the fact that I missed more spares that I should have.

Tonight's league night was pretty interesting to say the least

Shot a 201, 126, 194

Everything felt good on game 1, game 2 I could not find my mark and game 3 felt like I was back on track.

Won some cash in the evening raffle and we got our league t-shirts

Finally got back to the lanes tonight for league; had not bowled for one week.

The night started out with some promise with a 211; my highest single game score in league; had either a 5 bagger or 6 bagger to finish it up.

The second game was a lot like the second game I had last week; could not find my mark and missed many needed spares; I shot a 125 on game two.

The third game started out with an open frame and then nothing but spares until an open frame in the 10th for a score of 150.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast