Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

I subbed tonight for the Friday night league that I plan on joining once the new season starts. I wasn't able to bowl with them last week, so I was really looking forward to tonight. The night was interesting to say the least. Everyone on the team I was subbing on was a sub themselves; all the regular players on the team were not able to make it. The two other players were definitely top notch and bowled a 700 series apiece. Unfortunately, my scores were pale in comparison:

126, 132, 161

I was talking to one of the other players on the team and he suggested going with a ball that had more hook and was designed for oilier conditions. We talked about the two different centers that I bowl at and he mentioned that they were pretty diverse in terms of lane conditions.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Went out to practice today to work on things such as hitting my mark more consistently, working on keeping my forearm open on the backswing (and closer to my body), and with a consistent follow through of my throwing arm. Here are the results:

153, 134, 158

158, 147, 114

The last game was horrible; lots of open frames; had problem picking up spares.
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

I went out to a bowling center that I've never been to before for some practice today; it's always nice to bowl at a new place.

179, 149, 188

168, 177, 135

157, 155, 179

I bowled one game with only my spare ball, only trying to shoot at the 7 and the 10 pin. I only had one frame that was "perfect" for a score of 2 pins. It was a great drill to work on and it showed me that I stink at picking up spares

I felt like I was going to have a good night of bowling at league tonight, due to the practice I got in earlier in the day. Well, that feeling was way off base and the wheels came off tonight. I don't know if I was fatigued from practice earlier; I did feel a little edgy when I got to league tonight. The music seemed too loud, my arm felt a little tired, my thumb seemed to be a little swollen and we were one player down for the night. Anyhoo, here's what I shot for the night:

107, 123, 116

I was plagued with a lot of open frames, very little strikes and/or spares. I'm looking forward to redeeming myself next week at league; however I won't be practicing the day of league.

I was really looking forward to going to league tonight; it's a great group of people to bowl with and because I was going to be able to pick up my new Storm Sync!

The other nice thing about this league is that apply a fresh house shot right before we bowl; the lanes are very dense and the oil sits atop the lanes more so than other lanes that I've bowled.

I rolled my Misfit, Zombie and Sync during practice; but once league started, I only rolled the Sync and Zombie. This was the first time that I rolled the Sync and I was thoroughly stoked on the ball!

The ball had much more hook than my Misfit and worked very well with the house shot for the night; here's what I shot:

153, 131, 198

It took me a little while to find a line, but I was able to play it around the third arrow (I'm left handed) and had 5 strikes to start out the third game of the series.

Went out to practice tonight at one of the local bowling centers to work on increasing my ball speed and rev rate. The first series I made a point to increase the length of my back swing and to increase my revs. My ball speed increased, but unfortunately my accuracy was affected and I did not notice any significant change in my revs. I was feeling pretty frustrated at the end of the first series, so I decided to bowl using my normal technique and just concentrated on hitting my mark.

128, 99, 132

144, 118, 155

Went to my home lanes tonight to get some practice with my new Storm Sync. It was all you can bowl for $10; so I played a total of 12 games; 9 with the Sync and 3 with my Misfit. Here's the results

144, 158, 152 (Sync)

156, 194, 149 (Sync)

128, 166, 132 (Sync)

183, 143, 125 (Misfit)

I really love the Sync, since I can play it up the second arrow or play it through the third arrow (I'm left handed). I'm still getting used to it compared to the Misfit; it's definitely has a lot more hook.

I was pretty tired by the end of the night; probably should've have quit after the first two series; but I could not pass up the all you can bowl and wanted to get as much lane time with the Sync.

Tonight my goal to keep my mind quiet and not let the demons of bad shots get into my head. I went to league tonight to have fun, focus on hitting my mark and to get a good release with every shot. After all was said and done, my scores did increase from last week's fiasco; my low game tonight was higher than my high game last week (I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry about that).

170, 163, 136

The last game of the series, I could feel my arm getting a little tired and my technique was getting a bit fatigued; wish I could have thrown a better third game.

So I went to my home lanes today to get the thumb hole on my Misfit opened up a bit; it's been sticking a lot lately over the past couple of weeks. I was not really intending on bowling, but how could I pass up a chance to bowl

In all honesty, I was way too tired to bowl due to not enough sleep over the past few days. I decided to make it a bit interesting and had a battle of the bowling balls; my DV8 Misfit versus my Storm Sync. I realize that they are completely different balls, but I thought it would be fun. Here are the results:

DV8 Misfit: 99, 127, 99, 106, 168

Storm Sync: 112, 163, 136, 115, 154

I was having issues with both thumb holes due to my thumb swelling/shrinking. I tried to fix the situation with with some white tape; I think that it helped some; but I need to experiment with it more.

Had a lot of fun at league tonight at my home lanes; I really look forward to it every week. I really like this league because all the members are super friendly, it's a very relaxed setting, the lanes are challenging and they put a fresh house shot right before we bowl. I felt more consistent tonight; hit my mark more times than missing it. My thumb was not giving me any problems; I did not have any issues with it sticking. My main issue tonight was picking up spares, which lead to some open frame (about 4 per game). Here's what I shot tonight:

145, 164, 150

I really got to work on picking up spares, it's definitely not helping out my scores.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast