Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

I finally ordered a wrist support to help me keeping my wrist in a set position; it's a Robby Revs lite. The support felt like it helped, but the support piece on the back of the hand caused a spot on the back of my hand to be a little sore. The first game in the series started out with some promise, but then I couldn't hit my mark in the second game. The third game was a bit better, but missed some much needed spares. Here's what I shot for league tonight:

203, 141, 147
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

I had a lot of fun at league tonight; all the members of the league are down to earth good people. I've been primarily rolling my Sync for the past few weeks; I really love this ball and it handles the heavier oil at my home lanes. I decided not to use my wrist support that I used earlier in the week; the back of my hand was still a little sore. Here's what I shot:

160, 160, 146

The first two games of the series I opened up with doubles; however I missed some spares which lead to a handful of open frames. The last game of the series I had too many open frames and shot below my average.
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

Had my local pro shop put my Misfit through the Revivor and then had it resurfaced; I should have done it a long time ago. I was hoping to bowl at my home lanes with Misfit, but they were having a tournament and it was a full house.

I decided to check out another center that had a number of open lanes; I should have stayed home and got some rest; but the bowling addict in me did not listen to common sense. I played ice hockey in my brother's memorial skate and then bowled in league last night; I was exhausted by the end of the night.

The center was teeming with kids and adults that were there to have fun; unfortunately they did not have any bowling etiquette; I had a hard time concentrating to say the least. The scores for the day were like being on a roller coaster with a full stomach.

142, 148, 126

126, 110, 141

114, 162, 118

I tried using my wrist brace on the third series; seemed to help with the second game. Then in between the second and third game of the series, they announced it was going to be cosmic bowling

Went out for some practice at my home lanes today, had a great time to say the least. The center was pretty slow, so I was able to get two lanes to help simulate a league set up. I bowled a total of 8 games; using my Sync and my Zombie; here's what I shot:

156, 199, 158, 157

142, 148, 147, 190

On the 199 game, I had a five bagger, but an open frame in the first and tenth. Was really hoping to break 200, but still had a great time today.

I bowled horribly in league tonight; I'm not sure what it was; but I did not bring any semblance of bowling skills to the lanes tonight. Missed my mark more times than I can count, too many open frames, and even a couple of gutter balls Here's what I shot: 131, 121, 115.

I look forward to Friday night league each and every week. It's an awesome group of people and everyone is there to have a good time. As the series progressed, my scores improved; I had a great time! Here's what I shot:

131, 158, 163

Finished up the last game with a turkey; definitely a great feeling to finish strong on the last game.

Went to my home lanes today for some practice on my first day off in over 7 days. They had enough open lanes, so I got two lanes to help simulate league set up. I decided to have the practice session be a battle between my DV8 Misfit and Storm Sync. Here's the scores for the day:

Misfit: 133,145,92,154,121,170,135

Sync: 134,162,148,138,158,131,126

It wasn't about which ball was better; it was just for fun. At times I was throwing the ball well, other times not so well and I missed more spares than I would like.

It was great to finally have a day off from work and it was a ton of fun to bowl at my home lanes (although my arm was about to fall off by the 13th and 14th game)

I also had a great talk with the pro at the shop in regards to bowling techniques, strategies and lane conditions; I learned a lot of things from him and will employ them in practice tomorrow.

Since I had back to back days off, I figured that I would go out to practice at my home lanes. I took all the advice that I got from the pro at the shop yesterday and it really helped overall with my practice today. Here's what I shot today:

115 (plagued with a lot of splits that I could not convert)
    218 (started with a 5 bagger)
    146 (some open frames)

I bowled a fourth game that I was practicing only throwing at the 7 and the 10 pin. I had one frame that I got the 7 and the 10; everything else was either a gutter or a huge miss hit.

The Wednesday night league I bowl in has had it's shares of ups and downs in regards to scoring. Tonight's game was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde compared to last week's scores. I owe a lot of it to my pro shop; the pro I work with is amazing. We talked about some bowling techniques and worked on my bowling ball to give it a more aggressive cover. With everything said and done, here's what I shot for the night:

189, 158, and 232

The first game felt good, the second game I missed some spares, and the third game I finally felt like I was in the zone; I had a 5 bagger to close it out. The 232 gives me my high league game at that house; I had a pretty big grin on my face on the drive home

The Friday night league at my home lanes is like my second family and had a blast tonight rolling my Storm Sync. I found my line early in practice and only had to make a slight adjustment through the series. Here's how I shot for the night:

179, 176 and 193

The first game started out well; strikes and spares until the seventh frame; then three open frames. The second game had a few open frames as well; missed some spares that I should have made. The last game started out with an open frame, but followed up with strikes and spares. I would have loved to have bowled a 200 game or a 600 series tonight, but I'm stoked since this is the highest series that I've bowled at my home lanes.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast