Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

Went to practice last night with some of the guys that I work with. Even though the scores were hills and valleys; we all had a great time. Here's what I shot:

154, 172, 206, 164 and 135

The lanes were really dry so I used my Misfit for the entire night.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Went out to my home lanes with some of the people that I work with today; it's nice to to be able to hang out with people outside of work. We all bowled one series, here's what I shot:

145, 169, 185

We all decided to have one final game; a bowl off; the winner takes all (just bragging rights). The game breaker did not start out too well for all of us, but when the smoke cleared, I ended up being the victor with a score of 194.
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

I was feeling really confident about bowling well tonight at league. The first game seemed to be the right start to the series. However, myself as well as the rest of my team and the opposing team seemed to lose focus in the second game. Got focused back for the third game and shot the same exact score from the first game. Here's what I shot:

174, 118, 174

The weather has been a bit warmer than usual in my area and the lanes were pretty warm to say the least. My thumb was sticking a bit, but unfortunately there was not tape in my thumb hole to take out and I forgot my powder at home.

Finally got to use some vacation time from work; just need to get away from work and recharge my batteries. So, until I go back to work in nine days, I've decided to do a lot of bowling. My goal is to bowl at a different house each day (preferably a house that I have not yet bowled at) that I'm on vacation; at least one series or perhaps two. So, to kick off the start of my vacation, I went to a house today that is about 40 minutes from me. The lanes were fairly dry and there were only two sets of dots; one set at the back of the approach and one set at the foul line. It was interesting, since the dots were misaligned by one or two boards. It was a good time; even though I did not shoot too well; here's the numbers for day one:

159, 118, 135

I woke up this morning at 6:00am to head to the lanes for my second house in nine days. I was surprised because of how early I woke up to go bowling, how many people were at the lanes at that time, they offered a sports pattern and the games were only $1.75. On the first game, I opened up the first three with strikes. I was thinking that this sports pattern would not be too hard, but then the open frames started I guess I jinxed myself Here's what I shot this morning:

159, 130, 155, 127, 129, 146, 120 148

Today was the third day of my nine day bowling vacation. It was a double header since I was going to partake in my home lanes $1 per game (for league members) and to pick up my new Track 706A. The pro at the pro shop was super busy and had a lot of work to take care of before he could get to drilling my ball. I decided to bowl a bit, but all I brought with me to the lanes was my zombie. I bowled 6 games with my zombie, before my 706A was ready to go. Here's what I shot for the day:

Zombie: 170, 156, 158, 151, 175, 160

706A: 177, 149, 143

The lanes were really dry, it was late in the afternoon and the lanes had already seen a lot of action during the morning/afternoon leagues. Evening league was going to start at 5:00pm and I was rushing to get through the last game with the 706A. I'll be using the 706A during for league both time this week.

Today was the fourth day at a fourth house on my mini bowling vacation. The lanes were pretty dry, so I rolled my Misfit and Zombie for the entire time I was there. I bowled a total of 20 games; up until today the most I've ever bowled in practice is 18 games. It was all you can bowl for $12, so I figured I would get my fill. Here's what I shot for the day:

123, 153, 151, 191, 151, 130, 175, 142, 128, 161, 160, 123, 177, 148, 189, 179, 152, 185, 185, 119 for an average of 156

About the second or third game, I had a friend video my swing. After watching the video, I laughed so loud. I always thought I had a bigger back swing, but after watching the video, it's practically non existent. From that game moving forward, I increased the length of my back swing and tried to stay behind the ball to help increase my revs. By the end of the 20 games, my arm was toast and my thumb was a bit swollen. Cannot wait for house number five.

Last night at league the team I play on had a great night. After ten weeks of winning only a point here or a couple of points there; we actually won all four. The first game had a lot of promise; had two open frames; but everything else were strikes. Missed breaking my league high by two pins. Here's what I shot last night:

231, 136, 174

It seems like whenever I have a good first game, I have a brain fart and have a poor second game. I somewhat covered in the third game, but was still a far cry from the first game.

Went out to practice today to make house number six on my nine day vacation. The inside of the lane had a very modern look, the lanes were on the dry side and they used a computer scoring system like the chain bowling centers in my area. I bowled a total of six games; they had really good pricing per game; only $2 per game. I started out well on the first game, but then proceeded to shoot in/around my average for the rest of the give games:

193, 150, 145, 149, 125, 145

Went out to practice for the seventh day of my bowling vacation at my home lanes. I've definitely had a lot of fun bowling each day for the past seven days; I feel that it's helped my consistency somewhat. Here's what I shot for the day:

215, 164, 115, 122, 166, 142, 136, 135, 96, 213, 201, 165

On some of the lower scoring games, I was trying to increase the length of my back swing and to increase my rev rate. It was really sporadic in regards to accuracy, but it did appear that I was getting more revs. On the higher scoring games, I stayed with my standard back swing, which helped with my consistency.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast