Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

For some reason I was a little nervous at league tonight; not sure exactly why; but I was. Still had a great time and met some new people that I had not met yet in league and had a lot of laughs. Here's what I shot for the night

156, 139, 163

The first game I shot was my average, the second game was 17 pins below my average and the last game was 7 pins above my average.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

I went out to my home lanes this morning to get in a few practice games with my Track 706A; bowled one warm up game and then played a series. Not only did I have a lot of fun this morning, I got to see my uncle and my cousins at the lanes as well. In the warm up game, I experimented rolling the ball from various spots on the approach; ranging from board ten to board 20. Because of the ball's layout and I had it based on my PAP, it was playing much more versatile than my other bowling balls that had a more general layout. Here's what I shot for the series today:

149, 163, 166

Today was also my eighth day of bowling; it's been a great vacation.
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

During practice at league last night, I decided to try the hinge method, instead of the standard push away. It felt a lot more natural and allowed me to keep my wrist in a cupped position. By keeping it in a cupped position, I was able to stay behind the ball and have the ball come off my finger tips to increase my rev rate. Here's what I shot for the night:

179, 152, 226

The first game I had a few open frames that I could not convert. The second game I had too many splits and could not convert. The last game I wanted to redeem myself and got really focused on the basics; all strikes and spares; no open frames.

Had a great time at league tonight; finally shot a 200 game and a second 500 series. My home lanes are much more difficult than the other league I bowl in at another house. I used the hinge method again tonight and tried to stay behind the ball to increase my revs. Here's what I shot for the night:

179, 200, 189

Usually, i struggle with the second game, but the middle game in the series I was hitting my target more often.

I've been busy with work, so I did not have any time to practice between leagues. Last night was the first time I rolled a ball in more than four days. In practice I bowled well, mostly strikes and the rest spares. However, when league started, the wheels cam off. The inside of the center was really hot and my thumb was sticking like crazy, even when I used some powder. I missed my mark more times than not, missed a lot of spares and too many open frames. Here's what I shot:

133, 108, and 157

It's amazing how a combination of being at your home lanes and being surrounded by really supportive players can make a less than stellar night of bowling seem not so bad. I definitely had issues tonight with hitting my mark, picking up spares and my timing. I was glad that I was surrounded by great people and that I was at my home lanes. I gotta get some practice in before next week since we have positioning next week. Here's what I shot for the night:

111, 156, 136

I was fortunate enough to have today off, so bowling was definitely on the agenda of things to do today. One of the bowling centers near me was having a singles no tap tournament around the middle of the day. So today, I entered my first no tap tournament and had a great time to say the least. For some reason, I had envisioned that it would be easy to score high, but that was not the case. I still had open frames that hurt my score and it's pretty evident that I don't knock down as many pins as I think (when I don't throw a strike). Here's what I shot for the day:

171, 280, 174

I won the single high handicap game for the day and the prize money was very cool. I'll definitely be entering other no tap tournaments; definitely a good time.

Had a little better time at league this week; definitely shot better than last week. Our team is basically in last place and the other night we took three of four games against one of the top five teams. Still had some issues with hitting my mark and picking up spares; I need to get out to practice; but work has been busy and time is scarce. Here's what I shot for the night:

173, 152, 148

Had a lot of fun at league tonight at my home lanes; we had our positioning round tonight. I was a little sad since we only have one more week of bowling next week and the next season for this group does not start until later this year. We'll be bowling sweepers next week; should be another great time. I bowled a lot better than last week, but still was having problems missing my mark and had some funky splits during the series. Here's what I shot for tonight:

158, 181, and 143

A few of the people I work with have caught the bowling bug and we all went out to bowl last night. Went to a chain bowling center and despite the bad customer service, we all had a good time. Here's what I shot for the night: 136, 162, 216, 229

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast