Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

Default SouthpawTRK's scores

I bowled in the Tony Reyes Memorial Tournament today. I was really nervous, but I was glad that I entered (it was the first tournament that I've ever entered) since part of the proceeds went to his family. I shot the following: 139, 149, 170, 114 (we got to drop the lowest game).
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Being that I only have the one day to go bowling this week, I figured that I'd make the most of my day off by heading to the lanes. Initially, I was only planning to bowl four games. However, things don't always go as planned and I ended up bowling more than four. I really wanted to work on my release, trying to hit my mark and to slide with my right foot (I'm left handed) versus my usual planting. The planting of my right foot has been giving my right leg/hip some medium discomfort, so I figured that I need to work on my sliding foot. The scores were like a roller coaster; hills and valleys for me. It also really hurt to shoot one game that was sub 100

128, 182, 183

128, 98, 116

152, 179, 171

192, 149, 115

158, 131, 120

190, 150, 156
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

Subbed for the first time in a mixed trio league and had a blast! While I had the low scores of the trio, it was such an awesome time and it was a bonus to get to bowl with my cousin. My numbers for the series were as follows: 140, 150, 168. Should be able to sub next week, hopefully I'll be more consistent and put up some higher numbers.

Went out this morning to bowl a few games; which turned out to be eight more than a few.

145, 164, 165

138, 175, 156

158, 122, 144

168, 167

Went out to the lanes tonight to get some practice in before league at the end of the week; here's what I shot:

132, 154, 156, 181

Still working on a consistent release, trying to hit my target and slide instead of planting.

Played as a pacer last night in the league I plan on joining in the fall. It was a lot of fun since the league was having a pot luck dinner; so I got some good food prior to playing. My scoring was more consistent; albeit my average was a bit lower; than the week prior (maybe it had to do with me being nervous last week). It was really interesting in the sense that 4 of the 5 bowlers in our group were left handed. One of the guys gave me a couple of tips that I employed and it seemed like it helped. Here is what I shot for the night: 153, 146 and 145.

Went out to practice the day after league to try out some tips another player had mentioned to me.

140, 125, 180

158, 130, 171

Went to my home lanes today for some practice and an evaluation of my swing; both proved to be very useful. One of the main things he noticed in the evaluation was my alignment on where I held my ball in my set up. I was holding my ball too centered in my set up, so the ball was not able to swing straight down. He showed me to move the ball over to be more in alignment with my elbow and shoulder so that the ball could swing straight down and back.

As far as the practice went, here's the numbers for the night:

178, 143, 214

131, 170, 155

I had one game in the first series that tied my all time high of 214.

Subbed again last night for Friday night league; had a great time and got to hang out with some good people. The lanes were definitely more oily than in the weeks past and proved to be interesting. Last night I shot: 138, 133 and 155.

Went out for some practice this morning for the New Year at my home lanes.

192, 165, 173

149, 149, 148

The first series had some promise (and a lot of luck )

The second series is more how I normally bowl.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast