Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowled a 9 pin no tap tourney tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_jd View Post
    Bowled another one tonight. Didnt do very well, shot 577. They threw down Kegel Middle Road and i wasnt very good on this pattern. Wasn't able to get the ball reaction i wanted.
    Did you know they were going to use Middle Road? That's what stops me from bowling in some tourneys, sometimes they don't say what pattern they will use until the night of the tourney. Have you ever bowled on Middle Road before?
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

^^^^that's why I bring so many balls to tournaments. Let me know with enough time to run to the bag or car and I'm all set
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSinister View Post
    Did you know they were going to use Middle Road? That's what stops me from bowling in some tourneys, sometimes they don't say what pattern they will use until the night of the tourney. Have you ever bowled on Middle Road before?
    No, I havent bowled on it before that i know of. They always throw down a sport shot for these tourneys. Bill i only have 1 ball currently, still waiting for my Lucid to get here.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

My problem isn't so much not having a ball, it's having the experiance on a pattern. Most sport patterns I wouldn't know the basic plan of attack. The only one I've read up on is Shark, because there is a summer series around here that uses Shark. If the pattern isn't announced, I wouldn't be able to read up on it, and I would be lost when I got there.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I have a copy of the patterns in a binder. Look at them on the kegel website. The graphs show where the oil line is. Once you have an understanding of your individual style, you can be real close to determining your starting position from there.
    With a limited ball arsenal, play as straight as possible.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I have a copy of the patterns in a binder. Look at them on the kegel website. The graphs show where the oil line is. Once you have an understanding of your individual style, you can be real close to determining your starting position from there.
    With a limited ball arsenal, play as straight as possible.
    That's a good idea, if I ever get my game sorted out, and I'm ready for tournaments, and sport patterns maybe I'll do that.

Bowled another one tonight. Didnt do very well, shot 577. They threw down Kegel Middle Road and i wasnt very good on this pattern. Wasn't able to get the ball reaction i wanted.
    I just bowled on the Middle Road pattern over New Years and shot 602 and 577, in a no-tap tourney. After I said I donated $15, I moved three boards right from where I normally start and threw a natural 243. I start one dot to the right of the middle dots.
    In the locker: Hammer Taboo Jet Black; Brunswick Nexus (p+f); Motiv Sigma Tour
    High game/series: 290/793
    League Averages: Garrick Jewelers - 225; Kingpin Mixed - 232

Quote Originally Posted by xthe_charismatic_enigmax View Post
    I just bowled on the Middle Road pattern over New Years and shot 602 and 577, in a no-tap tourney. After I said I donated $15, I moved three boards right from where I normally start and threw a natural 243. I start one dot to the right of the middle dots.
    That is my normal line also, start with feet on 15 throw over 5-7 and it works on the house shot we bowl on. i started there for the night and had to move my feet right 4 boards and my target to the 3-4 board. I couldnt get a consistent reaction with the the !Q. One shot it would smash the pocket the next shot over the exact same line would either hook too much and leave a split or end up light and get an 8 count. A couple of times i carried on bad shots but not enough.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Chats: 1

I just leaned about no-tap. If they would just relax the rules to cover gutter balls, I could roll a perfect game.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

That is my normal line also, start with feet on 15 throw over 5-7 and it works on the house shot we bowl on. i started there for the night and had to move my feet right 4 boards and my target to the 3-4 board. I couldnt get a consistent reaction with the the !Q. One shot it would smash the pocket the next shot over the exact same line would either hook too much and leave a split or end up light and get an 8 count. A couple of times i carried on bad shots but not enough.
    Yeah. I had a range of about a board in either direction..but if I missed, it was a bucket or a split.
    In the locker: Hammer Taboo Jet Black; Brunswick Nexus (p+f); Motiv Sigma Tour
    High game/series: 290/793
    League Averages: Garrick Jewelers - 225; Kingpin Mixed - 232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast